The Lair of the Golden Bear is excited to partner with San Francisco-based wine distributor Wine Meats Cheese to offer a selection of curated small-production wines, craft beers, and specialty spirits for delivery directly to your tent or home!
Hosting a cocktail party or looking to enjoy a special bottle of wine before dinner? Forget packing up bottles to bring to camp, we have a menu of incredible items that fits many budgets and will save you the trunk space in your car.
And the best part is that all of your orders support the Lair!
In addition to a variety of wines, beers, and spirits, we’re also offering two exclusive Lair of the Bear-labelled wines:
- Lair of the Bear Cabernet Sauvignon, California 2013
This red is luscious and plump, filled with purple-fruit notes of plum and juicy berries with just a hint of caramelized sugar.
- Lair of the Bear Sauvignon Blanc, California 2014
Our white offers notes of papaya, green mango, and lemon juice laced with notes of tangerine, dried pineapple, and lemongrass.
Place your order at the Lair’s exclusive online shop at http://shop.winemeatscheese.com.
Ordering and Delivery
Campers must be 21 or older to purchase and accept delivery of orders.
- Shipping is a flat rate of just $7.00 per order, no matter how large your order is. Orders can be shipped to California residents only.
- Orders placed on or before the Wednesday of your camping week will be awaiting you at camp when you arrive.*
- Receive a 10% discount when you order your wine, beer and spirits before you arrive to camp on orders of at least $75. Simply enter “LAIRWINES” at checkout. Orders must be placed at least one week prior to your arrival date.
- Orders placed before noon Monday – Wednesday while at camp will be delivered directly to your tent by noon the following day.
- Sorry, we can’t accept orders placed after Wednesday noon to arrive before you depart from camp.
- You can also order anytime for shipping to your home address, so try a wine or two before you come to camp, and then order more to be delivered to camp in time for your Lair party.
*Available for orders from California only.
Let’s Get Started!
- Visit shop.winemeatscheese.com
- Browse a large assortment of wine, beer, and spirits by beverage type, price preference, or collections
- Add to your shopping cart
- Check out:
- To ship to your tent at the Lair, see details on check-out page.
- To ship to your home, please enter your home address
- Review order and enter billing info
- Complete order
Proceeds from sales of this program benefit the Lair.
Connect with Us
We can’t wait to hear from you! Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Use the following hashtag #LairWine
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I place an order in advance of my arrival and have it shipped directly to my house?
- Yes, instead of using the camp address for shipping, use your shipping address.
- I want to place an order but I won’t be arriving for several weeks. Can I still order?
- Yes, in fact advance ordering helps the camp! You can place your order anytime in advance of your stay. Your order will be shipped to the Lair and hand-delivered to your tent when you arrive.
- What is the cost of shipping?
- We’ve worked closely with our shipping provider to provide the lowest flat rate possible. All shipping is a flat rate of $7 per order - for one bottle or cases!
- I want to place an order when I arrive to the camp. When will I receive my shipment?
- Orders for direct shipment to your tent placed any time before Monday at noon of the week that you are present at the Lair will be delivered to your tent by Tuesday afternoon. For example, if you order on the Saturday of your arrival, you will receive your shipment on Tuesday afternoon. If you order on Monday before noon, you will receive your shipment on Tuesday afternoon. It’s best to allow an extra day to receive a shipment in case of unforeseen issues.
- When is the last date/time to place an order?
- Wednesday at noon of your camping week is the last day to place an order to be received at your tent that week. We recommend you order before you arrive at camp so that you can have it the moment you arrive.
- I ordered too much—can I get a refund?
- The Lair must comply with California law, which states that there cannot be any returns on alcohol orders.
- I placed my order and I haven’t received it on the day I was supposed to. Whom can I contact?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “URGENT,” and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
- After camp ends, can I order more wine, beer, or spirits?
- Yes! You can continue to place orders at shop.winemeatscheese.com. We will ship anywhere in California. Plus, all of your orders support the Lair!