July 19-30, 2017 [singles: waitlist only]
Number of days:
|Final Brochure: Tanzania||3.42 MB|
- Explore some of the most important parks and reserves in East Africa, including the Serengeti—host at different times of the year to the Great Migration, the cyclical journey of 1.6 million herbivores on their quest for survival.
- Participate in up to 12 game drives accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader and expert naturalist guides aboard safari-outfitted Land Cruisers.
- Observe a presentation on Tanzania’s first official elephant orphanage and efforts to conserve this endangered species.
- Visit Oldupai Gorge, the “Cradle of Humanity”; and spend a full day at Ngorongoro Crater—home to populations of lion, leopard, black rhino, hyena, wildebeest, buffalo, elephant, and zebra.
- Retreat to deluxe lodges and tented camps, each uniquely beautiful and authentic in décor.
- Encounter local cultures on guided village, school, and plantation visits in Mto wa Mbu and a fishing village on the shore of Lake Victoria.
- Expert naturalist guides throughout, including an Orbridge Expedition Leader
- Custom 4x4 Land Cruisers with roof hatch access and guaranteed window seating
- 9 nights accommodations and a dayroom on day 11, all at deluxe lodges and tented camps, carefully selected to emphasize wildlife viewing and comfort
- All meals—9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners—including a special farewell Serengeti bush dinner—and a light buffet snack on departure day
- Coffee and tea with meals and bottled water while on game drives
- All transportation including internal air from Serengeti to Arusha on day 11 and transfers for guests on suggested flights on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities to Orbridge Expedition Leader, guides, drivers, porters, waiters, and housekeeping, as well as taxes, service charges, and park fees
- Temporary membership in Flying Doctors Service