Oct. 4-22, 2018
Number of days:
$7,187 [including air from SFO]
|Preliminary: China, Tibet, and the Yangtze River||274.02 KB|
- Take in all of Beijing’s legendary sites: Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Summer Palace, and the legendary Great Wall.
- Enjoy a hutong tour and home visit in one of the city’s disappearing ancient neighborhoods.
- View the famed life-size Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian.
- Spend three days in fascinating Lhasa, Tibet, high in the Himalayas, exploring sacred temples, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas, and vast Potala Palace with its 1,000 rooms.
- Before boarding your Victoria Cruises ship at Chongqing, take an excursion to see the Cliffside Dazu Rock Carvings, now a UNESCO site.
- Cruise for three nights on the fabled Yangtze, one of the world’s longest and busiest rivers.
- Witness daily life along the Yangtze and see the spectacular Three Gorges, the stunning Small Gorges, and the immense new Three Gorges Dam.
- Conclude your tour in Shanghai, a dazzling city that epitomizes 21st-century China.
- Tour beloved 16th-century Yu Yuan Gardens, the renowned Shanghai Museum with its priceless Chinese art and artifacts, and the popular European-influenced Bund boulevard.