|Flyer: European Coastal Civilizations||777.57 KB|
- Join this unique itinerary, which captures the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal England, France, Spain and Portugal.
- Cruise for eight nights from London aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star, small ship LE LAPÉROUSE, newly launched and featuring private balconies for all of its 92 deluxe Suites and Staterooms.
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites and enjoy a memorable cruise down the storied River Thames from London’s illustrious Tower Bridge.
- A special component is the exclusive C’EST BON! CULINARY TRADITIONS™ program, led by our culinary expert Kristine Kidd, celebrating the distinct cuisines of our ports of call through lectures, demonstrations and optional excursions.
- Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy.
- Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned port wine country.
- Walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims on the Way of St. James in Santiago de Compostela.
- Observe the intriguing juxtaposition of old and new in Bilbao and visit the Guggenheim Museum.
- Tour Mont-St-Michel’s impressive abbey.
- London Pre-Cruise and Lisbon Post-Cruise Options.
FIVE-STAR, ALL-BALCONY, SMALL SHIP LE LAPÉROUSE Five-Star Expedition Vessel, State-of-the-Art Design: The exclusively chartered, Five-Star LE LAPÉROUSE, launching in 2018, is one of four ships in the brand new Ponant Explorers expedition yacht series and represents an extraordinary fleet of the most innovative cruise ships in the world. Designed specifically with the environment in mind, this new generation of small ships can navigate narrow channels, shallow bays and inlets and sensitive ecological environments during luxury expedition cruises, going where no ship has gone before and remaining energy efficient and environmentally protective of marine ecosystems, while its reinforced hull and custom stabilizers provide passengers a safe and comfortable voyage. Ponant’s ships have been awarded the prestigious “Clean Ship” designation due to their advanced eco-friendly features, a rarity among ocean-cruising vessels. Elegantly Appointed Suites and Staterooms, 100% with Private Balconies: Each air-conditioned deluxe Stateroom and Suite (up to 484 square feet), has a sliding glass door that opens onto a private balcony; Grand Deluxe Suites have a bay window and larger private balcony. Most accommodations offer two twin beds that convert into one queen bed, all feature a private bathroom with shower, luxurious Five-Star hotel amenities, minibar with complimentary beverages, individual climate control, satellite flat-screen television, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access, safe, full-length closet, writing desk/dressingtable, plush robes and slippers. Chic and Casual Dining: International and regional cuisine is served indoors or alfresco in the stylish, spacious indoor-outdoor restaurant in single, unassigned seatings; on the casual pool deck grill; or from 24-hour room service. Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise. Continental and buffet breakfasts, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, and a four-course dinner are served daily. Wine is served at your table with lunch and dinner. Spacious Public Areas/World-Class Service and Facilities: In keeping with the low passenger density, public areas are spacious and inviting, and they can accommodate all passengers comfortably. Enjoy views from the Observation lounge and nightly entertainment in the main lounge, which both open to the outdoors; and take in lectures, cultural performances and film screenings in the state-of-the-art theater. The three-level marina platform includes an infinity-style swimming pool and watersports facility with complimentary kayaking, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment. The ship has a library, Internet suite with complimentary Wi-Fi, Sun Deck, beauty salon, spa, Turkish bath-style steam room, full range of fitness equipment, two elevators and an infirmary staffed with a doctor and a nurse. The highly trained, English-speaking international crew provides personable and attentive service. The ship has 10 Zodiacs. ON BOARD THE EXCLUSIVELY CHARTERED, FIVE-STAR, SMALL SHIP LE LAPÉROUSE
- Eight-night cruise from London, England, to Lisbon, Portugal, cruising down the River Thames from Tower Bridge and with port calls at Caen for the Normandy Beaches, and St. Malo for Mont-St-Michel, France; Santander for Bilbao, and A Coruña for Santiago de Compostela, Spain; and Leixões for Oporto, Portugal.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are available throughout the cruise.
- All meals—early continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner—throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise on the River Thames from the heart of London, following an overnight on board ship docked near Tower Bridge.
- Full-day excursion to the historic Normandy D-Day beaches, including a visit to a military cemetery and an opportunity to watch a short film documenting the D-Day campaign at the Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema overlooking Gold Beach, where British troops constructed Mulberry Harbor, or to see the legendary Bayeux Tapestry, chronicling the Norman Conquest of 1066, with lunch.
- Walking tour of Mont-St-Michel and a visit to its 11th‑century Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit to Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum.
- Excursion to Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Excursion to Oporto, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Expert Kristine Kidd will provide an exclusive C’EST BON! CULINARY TRADITIONS™ lecture.
- The ship’s master chef will provide an exclusive C’EST BON! CULINARY TRADITIONS™ food demonstration.