Nov. 28-Dec. 13, 2017 [waitlist only]
Number of days:
$8, 593 (including airfare from SFO)
|Final Brochure: Machu Picchu to the Galapagos||5.79 MB|
- Enjoy a guided tour of colonial Lima and the Larco Herrera Museum, noted for its collection of pre-Columbian pottery.
- Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, a region of Inca sites and indigenous villages, and attend a native offering ceremony.
- Discover Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas,” and stay at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just 20 yards from the entrance to the ruins.
- Savor two guided visits to Machu Picchu.
- Tour Cuzco—archaeological hub of the Americas, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- In the Galapagos stay for four nights at the Royal Palm Hotel set in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- Enjoy privately chartered day cruises to various islands, including North Seymour and South Plazas, accompanied by an expert naturalist guide.
- Visit the Darwin Research Station and enjoy opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and nature walks.
- Observe the iconic Galapagos wildlife: giant tortoises, iguanas, sea lions, and Blue-footed Boobies and abundant bird life.
- Straddle two hemispheres at the Middle of the World Monument in Quito.
- Enjoy a city tour of Quito.