The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is seeking an outstanding student to assist with day‐to‐day office work, data entry, office organization and overall support for the CAA Alumni Engagement Department. The student should have considerable experience in Excel and a great attention to detail, as well as be interested in interacting with Cal alumni of all ages and backgrounds. Duties include assisting in various planning stages and marketing efforts for CAA events, including but not limited to Hoops Parties, alumni chapter events, Cal Day, Homecoming, and other alumni events. This job involves considerable data entry and analysis, so the applicant should be comfortable with several hours a week in front of the computer.
Hours: 10-12 hours per week during the semester, very flexible around classes.
Start Date: Fall 2017, continuing through Spring 2018 (at minimum). Optimally will work summers (although not required) and continue until graduation.
Location: Alumni House on the UC Berkeley campus
Provide support with data entry coding of chapter members, volunteers, and event attendees into UC Berkeley’s Cal Advancement Database System (CADS)
● Provide departmental marketing support, including updating the public‐facing CAA website
● Create events in the Berkeley Events Calendar
● Look up alumni in CADS and update records as needed
● Help keep alumni chapter database and volunteer database up to date
● Assist with physical setups, preparations, and tear-down for various events
● Print name tags for CAA events
● Assist with event preparation, post‐event task management, and inventory/organization of event supplies
● Assist with mailings as needed
● Work at events when applicable and available, including occasional nights and weekends
● Provide ongoing support to Alumni Engagement department
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive data
● Previous office or administrative work experience
● Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, work independently, and be self-directed and assertive
● Competency using MS Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, Eventbrite, Facebook, and the Internet
● Ability to interact with people of all ages including staff, students, volunteers, and alumni
● Enthusiastic and outgoing attitude
● Able to lift boxes of 50 pounds and willing to move equipment and supplies around campus
● Must submit to and pass background check and FBI/DOJ fingerprint screening
● CADS database knowledge
● Work Study Eligible
● Possess a valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour, work‐study preferred but not required
To apply: Interested students should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
Please note Student Assistant - AED in the subject line.