The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is seeking an outstanding student to assist with day‐to‐day office work, data entry, office organization and overall support for the CAA Student & Young Alumni Engagement Department. The student should have considerable experience in Excel and a great attention to detail, as well as be interested in interacting with students and Cal alumni of all ages and backgrounds. Duties include assisting in various planning stages and marketing efforts for CAA events and programming. This job involves considerable data entry and analysis, so the applicant should be comfortable with several hours a week in front of the computer.
Hours: 10-12 hours per week during the semester, very flexible around classes.
Location: Alumni House on the UC Berkeley campus
Provide support with data entry coding of students , volunteers, and event attendees into UC Berkeley’s Cal Advancement Database System (CADS)
● Provide departmental marketing support, including updating the public‐facing CAA website
● Create events in the Berkeley Events Calendar
● Look up alumni in CADS and update records as needed
● Help keep volunteer database up to date
● Assist with physical setups, preparations, and tear-down for various events
● Print name tags for CAA events
● Assist with event preparation, post‐event task management, and inventory/organization of event supplies
● Assist with mailings as needed
● Work at events when applicable and available, including occasional nights and weekends
● Provide ongoing support to Student and Young Alumni Engagement department
● Provide ongoing support for the Cal Alumni Student Association (CASA)
● Perform other duties as assigned
Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Demonstrated attention to detail
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive data
● Previous office or administrative work experience
● Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, work independently, and be self-directed and assertive
● Competency using MS Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, Eventbrite, Facebook, and the Internet
● Ability to interact with people of all ages including staff, students, volunteers, and alumni
● Enthusiastic and outgoing attitude
● Able to lift boxes of 50 pounds and willing to move equipment and supplies around campus
● Must submit to and pass Consumer and Motor Vehicle reports, and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background investigations. Must possess valid CA driver’s license
● CADS database knowledge
● Work Study Eligible
Pay Rate: $14.50 per hour, work‐study preferred but not required
To apply: Interested students should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 13.
Please note Student Assistant - SYAEin the subject line.
The Cal Alumni Association serves the community of Cal alumni and students by providing life-long connections to each other and to the University of California, Berkeley. Founded in 1872, the CAA has grown into one of the largest dues-paying associations of alumni in the world. CAA is located at the Alumni House on the University of California, Berkeley campus; however, we are an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Please visit our web site at alumni.berkeley.edu for more information.
Cal Alumni Association
1 Alumni House
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-7520
Toll Free: 1-888-CAL-ALUM