Pay Rate $17.67/hour
Schedule 10–15 hours per week, Monday–Friday, during standard business hours.
Term ends June 31, 2023; may be considered for renewal.
Start Date September 15, or whenever position is filled.
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate Cal student interested in digital marketing to join our Marketing and Communications team. As the digital content strategy assistant, you will play an integral role in strategizing and managing writing content for CAA’s digital marketing platforms. Opportunities to practice copywriting and project management may come up also. The ideal candidate must have excellent written and communication skills, be eager and quick to learn, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, concurrent deadlines.
Work schedules can be flexible to support your balance between school and work. This job offers valuable professional experience for students interested in marketing, communications, journalism, copywriting, or project management. Plus, you get to interact with the amazing CAA team and make an impact on the Cal alumni community.
Content Strategy (40%)
- With direction from the Digital Marketing Strategist, strategize and draft copy for CAA’s emails and newsletters
- Brainstorm and draft new content and blog posts for CAA’s main website, alumni.berkeley.edu, and other platforms
- Review and copyedit prospective email and website content
Digital Marketing (40%)
- Test and review email drafts prior to launch
- Monitor websites regularly for timely and relevant content
- Assist with updating, building, and laying out website content
- Assist the Marketing and Communications team with other tasks as needed
- If interested and school schedule allows, attend regular marketing communications meetings to learn about upcoming projects and experience an in-house marketing environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Experience creating organized, informative spreadsheets, slide presentations, and text documents using Google Suite or Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience using Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, Adobe Photoshop, and WordPress preferred, but not required—will train!
- Previous experience writing copy for digital platforms preferred, but not required—will train!
- Highly motivated, ready to learn new tech skills, take initiative, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
- Must submit to and pass Consumer and Motor Vehicle reports, and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background investigations. Valid CA driver’s license preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Pay Rate $17.67/hour
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note MARKETING Student Assistant in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. Please send your materials as an attachment in either MS Word or PDF format. This position will remain open until filled, however, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration by September 9, 2022.
Deadline to Apply
September 9, 2022
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus