The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is seeking an experienced full-time Facilities Technician to perform general repair and maintenance to the Lair of the Golden Bear’s family campground located in Pinecrest, California. Our ideal candidate will have excellent carpentry skills, experience completing minor construction and handyman projects, and the ability to perform basic vehicle maintenance. The Facilities Technician is responsible for on-going repair and maintenance projects and capital improvements in addition to providing support for all Facilities Technicians.
- Carpentry and construction projects
- General repair and maintenance work of the camp grounds including basic plumbing, electrical, and vehicle maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Extremely strong carpentry skills
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing and vehicle maintenance
- Ability to coordinate diverse activities and to meet and work with a variety of people
- Must be flexible and willing to work over 40 hours a week and some weekends and holidays (eligible for overtime pay)
- Ability to perform tasks in an independent manner without close or continued supervision
- Must submit to and pass driving record, consumer report, and FBI/DOB fingerprint background investigations.
Pay Rate, Location, and Supervisor
Pay Range: $22-$25 per hour + benefits.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working approximately 40 hours per week. The position is eligible to participate in healthcare benefits, a retirement plan with company match, and generous vacation and holiday time-off. We have a friendly professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach. Position is located at the Lair of the Golden Bear family camp in Pinecrest, CA, and reports to the Director of Facilities.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and professional references, firstname.lastname@example.org, noting Lair Facilities Tech in the subject line. Please include references relating to your carpentry skills and experience. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 7, 2023. We are seeking candidates whose previous experience prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We are also looking for applicants who demonstrate an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to Apply
Friday, April 7, 2023
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus