The Lair Sales and Development Manager is responsible for growing revenue throughout all Lair operations, and meeting net sales targets. The position is hybrid working from home with regular trips to Pinecrest, CA and Berkeley, CA. Please note that remote work must be performed in the state of California.
The Cal Alumni Association seeks candidates whose previous experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We are also looking for applicants who demonstrate an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the General Manager, Pinecrest Operations.
About the Lair of the Golden Bear:
Since 1949, the Cal Alumni Association’s Lair of the Golden Bear has provided unforgettable vacations for generations of Cal alumni families and friends. Located just three hours east of the Bay Area at 5,600 feet in beautiful Pinecrest, CA, the Lair’s fresh air, sunshine, and surrounding natural beauty provide our guests with an amazing mountain playground year-round. Please visit our web site https://alumni.berkeley.edu/camp-at-the-lair/
About CAA: The CAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (CAA) provides Cal graduates with rewarding connections to the University, to fellow alumni, and to current students. Founded by the original graduates of the University of California in 1972, CAA today represents nearly half a million alumni living throughout the world. With a mission of advancing and promoting the interests of the University, CAA is committed to providing essential programs and services designed to keep alumni of all ages and interests connected to the University and to each other. CAA is an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization. We are headquartered at the Alumni House on the University of California, Berkeley campus.
- Convert weekend campers to full-week family campers.
- Market and promote the Lair to CAA alumni chapters in Northern and Central California, including in-person marketing presentations.
- Market and promote the Lair to other university alumni organizations, and expose them to the Lair camp experience.
- Market and promote to private and public-school administrators and educators to grow shoulder season Camp Oski business.
- Market to and promote the Lair to former campers and incentivize them to return.
- Market and promote the Sports and Recreation session to tennis and golf clubs and groups to grow participation/revenue.
- Market and promote all aspects of the new Camp Oski Conference Center and Winter at the Lair programming.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve our value-added offerings (Vista Dinners, rentals, etc.) to grow participation and revenue.
- Work collaboratively with CAA Development Department to prospect and fundraise for the Lair of the Golden Bear to meet or exceed Lair fundraising targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous sales and business development experience, with proven ability to meet net sales targets.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to interact and communicate with diverse groups both online and in person.
- Ability to work efficiently, multitask, and meet deadlines. Ability to manage and prioritize projects.
- Excellent computer skills using spreadsheet, database management, presentation, and word processing applications (MS Office Suite, Google Applications).
- Professional demeanor with the ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to support CAA and Campus-wide events in addition to assigned work-shift.
- Must submit to and pass Consumer Report and FBI/DOB fingerprint background investigations.
- Must possess a valid CA driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Lair of the Golden Bear
- Knowledge and familiarity of the University of California, Berkeley, and the Cal campus.
Salary and Benefits
This position is classified as an at-will, full-time, non-exempt position. Base pay rate is $30-34 per hour plus commission, and is eligible to participate in company sponsored benefits. CAA offers affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance, AFLAC, and a 403(b) retirement savings option with company match, and generous paid time off benefits. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with “Lair Sales Manager” in the subject line and a completed CAA job application which can be found on our website under the careers page. This position will remain open until filled, however, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration by Friday, February 10, 2023. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to Apply
Friday, February 10, 2023
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus