The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) Alumni Scholars Program is seeking a Senior Operations Coordinator to plan and implement our scholarship interview in-person and virtual events.
Since 1934, UC Berkeley Alumni have been supporting scholarships for undergraduates through the Alumni Scholars Program. The Senior Operations Coordinator must have experience in event planning logistics and execution; supporting written communications; and customer service. The Alumni Scholars Program team is looking for someone who has a great attention to detail, with an interest in working with the Director to identify solutions. They need to have experience working with Microsoft Excel and databases; event platforms (e.g., Zoom and Eventbrite); and email marketing tools. This position requires significant external engagement, building relationships with Alumni volunteers and student applicants. This position will require occasional evening and weekend work shifts.
SUPERVISOR AND LOCATION:
This position reports to the Director, Scholarship Selections and Volunteer Engagement
The position is based in Berkeley, CA. The Cal Alumni Association currently operates under a hybrid work environment, working both in the office and remotely. The supervisor will determine the work location based on the program’s needs. This position is classified as an at-will, full-time, non-exempt role; position is eligible for overtime with supervisor approval in advance. This position is classified as a CANRA mandated reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies.
- Logistics (50%)
- Implement and manage project management software/tools for the annual Selection process.
- Curate and maintain events calendar. Ensure multiple calendars across CAA and the university reflect all Scholarship Selections events and volunteer opportunities.
- Reserve event venues, order catering, coordinate speakers, book entertainment, audio-visual vendors and other vendors, negotiate prices and contracts. Works with facilities staff and vendors to ensure that venues are set-up to meet specifications and that all orders are fulfilled accurately.
- Manage registration for department events, including creating and maintaining the event registration database, coordinating with VIP and campus guests, reviewing briefing documents, printing name tags, coordinating table assignments, and training registration staff and volunteers.
- Order and maintain event supply inventory, including special event giveaways.
- Coordinate projects with CAA Marketing using project management platform, Workfront.
- Execute marketing tactics as defined by the Director including email, social media, and website campaigns.
- Maintain CAA Scholarship website pages.
- Supports volunteers and staff in utilizing event registration platforms. Creates registration pages for key alumni events. May provide training on registration platforms.
- Coordinate, build, and send email and letter campaigns for Alumni Scholars volunteers, donors, and students.
- Sends post-event surveys and collects survey results.
Data Management (25%)
- Manage student application and interview data following data security protocols.
- Develops and maintains reports for engagement tracking for scholarship recipients and volunteers. Monitors and documents program activities. Collects and tracks program and participant data.
- Synthesize volunteer and student data.
- Assist the Director with endowment matching and award submissions for scholarship recipients.
- Experience with event planning and logistics, data management, and customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer-service and organization skills.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Detailed-oriented, ability to work with confidential and sensitive data, and ability to follow standard operating procedures and data security protocols.
- Able to collaborate with peers, external volunteers, and vendors.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend work shifts.
- Must submit to a driving record, consumer report, and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background check.
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Experience working and communicating with diverse and multi-generational people.
- Experience using databases, data collection, and building reports.
- Familiarity with event registration platforms, setting up and being the technical support for Zoom webinars and meetings.
- Comfortable using Google Workspace applications.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The pay range is $30-35 per hour. This job is eligible to participate in healthcare benefits, a retirement plan with company match, and generous vacation and holiday time off. CAA staff, while not University of California employees, are also eligible for many University of California, Berkeley staff programs and discounts. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
The Cal Alumni Association seeks candidates whose previous experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion and to increasing the participation of individuals from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are looking for applicants who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note Alumni Scholars Program Senior Operations Coordinator in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. Please send your application as a Microsoft or Google document or attach a PDF.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to Apply
January 12, 2024
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus