Student Assistant, Alumni Scholars Program
Pay Rate $17.67 /hour, work-study students preferred but not required Schedule 8-12 hours per week Start Date September 2022 or as soon as possible
The Cal Alumni Association is looking for an enthusiastic student with data analysis skills to join our Alumni Scholars Program team. We are looking for someone to help maintain and manage CAA Scholarship data in order to ensure we are able to meet the needs of our scholarship recipients. We’re looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail in order to ensure data integrity for the CAA Alumni Scholars Program department’s data. You will also at times be the first point of contact (phone calls/emails) for prospective scholars and alumni volunteers so an enthusiastic attitude is a must!
We are flexible with your schedule to make sure you can balance schoolwork and this position. In addition to gaining valuable professional experience, you will interact with great staff and alumni here at CAA.
- Maintain multiple databases through data entry and record updating plus filtering and cleaning data
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources
- Analyze results using statistical techniques and support with the development of ongoing reports
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Provide support with event management, both in-person and virtually via Zoom and Google Hangouts
- Assist staff with drafting, proofreading, and editing of communication materials and internal documents
- Provide frontline customer service for the department by responding to phone, email, and walk-in inquiries
- Curate, write, and send a Selections Department newsletter to volunteers.
- Ability to work independently, manage workflow, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide professional and courteous customer service
- Highly motivated and strong ability to take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and Word), Google Apps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Incoming Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors are preferred. Incoming Seniors may be considered
- Ability to create data visualizations in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (including filters, formulas, Power Query).
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Must submit to and pass Consumer Report and FBI/DOB fingerprint background investigate
- Knowledge of matplotlib, other libraries a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Pay Rate $17.67 /hour, work-study students preferred but not required
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note Scholarships Student Assistant in the subject line. Please send your materials as an attachment in either MS Word or PDF format. This position will remain open until filled, however, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration by September 14, 2022.
Deadline to Apply
September 14, 2022
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Alternate Method of Application
Download the application packet as a PDF, complete the forms, and email them as an attachment to email@example.com.
COVID-19 Temporary Adjustments
The Cal Alumni Association is preparing for our return to the office. Staff will be expected to work a hybrid schedule, with some jobs required to work onsite a majority of the time depending on job duties. Staff will be required to take a COVID-19 test on campus through University Health Services, and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or request an exception due to disability, medical or sincerely held religious belief.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus