Pay rate $17.67/hour, work-study preferred but not required
Schedule 12 – 15 hours/week, flexible around class schedule
Start date October 2022
Location Hybrid schedule, splitting time working on-campus at Alumni House and working remotely. Remote work must be performed in California.
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is looking for a Cal student to join our Data and Reporting Team. We are looking for someone to help maintain and manage CAA data in order to ensure our organization’s continued efforts toward active and well-targeted alumni engagement. You will perform tasks in data management procedures that will require ongoing updates and maintenance to ensure CAA’s data integrity.
We are flexible with your schedule to make sure you can balance schoolwork and this position. In addition to gaining valuable professional experience, you will interact with great people here at CAA.
COVID-19 temporary adjustments: Staff will be expected to work a hybrid schedule, with some jobs required to work onsite a majority of the time depending on job duties. Staff will be required to take a COVID test on campus through University Health Services, and provide proof of COVID vaccine or request a disability, medical, or sincerely held religious belief exception.
- Assist in the coordination and management of post-event data for CAA programs. Assign activity codes to constituents and maintain documentation of active code (60%)
- Support and collaborate with program staff in preparing and submitting activity reports to CADSHelp (10%)
- Process updates to alumni records with accuracy and timeliness (10%)
- Reconcile reported lists, eliminating inaccurate data and providing necessary updates to the database (5%)
- Actively research and follow up on issues such as data discrepancies or report quality issues that arise (5%)
- With direction from the Data Analyst, contribute to campaign analysis, collaborating on impact reports and participating in cross-departmental meetings as requested (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Ability to work independently, manage workflow, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Regular and punctual attendance is critical
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with various CAA departments and UDAR
- Proficiency with Windows environments and Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies, best practices, and data tools
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to learn and use UC Berkeley’s CADS database
- Must submit to and pass Consumer and Motor Vehicle reports and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background investigations; valid CA driver’s license preferred, but not required
Salary and Benefits
Pay rate $17.67/hour, work-study preferred but not required
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Data Student Assistant in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. Please send your materials as an attachment in PDF format. This position will remain open until filled, however, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration by October 31, 2022. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to Apply
October 31, 2022
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus