Student Assistant, Alumni Scholars Program
Schedule: 8-12 hours per week
The Cal Alumni Association is looking for an enthusiastic Cal student to assist with analyzing data, event planning, writing, marketing, and administrative office tasks to join our Alumni Scholars Program team. Our team supports our scholarship recipients with their personal, academic, and professional development. We are interested in candidates who want to learn more about program management and student affairs. In addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, you will interact with great staff and alumni at CAA.
We are flexible with your schedule to make sure you can balance schoolwork and this position. In addition to gaining valuable professional experience, you will interact with great staff and alumni here at CAA.
- Gather and analyze data using statistical techniques
- Provide input on materials and content for program activities and/or promotional efforts such as email and social media campaigns, et cetera
- With guidance and direction from the supervisor, implement a marketing plan for all our events such as creating flyers and leading social media outreach efforts
- Assist staff with drafting, proofreading, and editing of communication materials and internal documents
- Create and send out bi-weekly newsletters
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Provide support with event management
- Other duties as assigned
Current, enrolled Cal student
- Current, enrolled Cal student
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Apps
- Ability to write marketing content consistent with our CAA brand. Editing and proofreading skills including grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
- Ability to learn and use email marketing tools, and implement marketing plans via email, social media, and website
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend events as needed
- Must submit to and pass a background check including FBI/DOJ fingerprint screening
- $16-$18 per hour
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note Student Assistant, Scholarship Communications in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. Please send your application as an attachment in either MS Word or PDF format. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Alternate Method of Application
Download the application packet as a PDF, complete the forms, and email them as an attachment to email@example.com.
COVID-19 Temporary Adjustments
The Cal Alumni Association is preparing for our return to the office. Staff will be expected to work a hybrid schedule, with some jobs required to work onsite a majority of the time depending on job duties. Staff will be required to take a COVID-19 test on campus through University Health Services, and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or request an exception due to disability, medical or sincerely held religious belief.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus