CAA Alumni Chapter In-Person Events
All in-person CAA Alumni Chapter engagements must be approved by the CAA Chapters Team. Engagements will be approved on a case-by-case basis. All chapters must comply with the CAA COVID Safety Plan and have attendees sign the CAA COVID Release and Liability Waiver. Chapter status may be revoked if approval prior to hosting an in-person event is not received. Personal liability will fall on the chapter leaders hosting an unauthorized event.
Please take a moment to complete the form below for approval. Chapters that plan to apply for a grant to support an in-person event can indicate in the below form.
If you have any questions please contact Caitlin LaFleur, Director Alumni Chapters, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alumni Chapters Grant Program is a benefit for all CAA’s chartered alumni chapters, supporting them financially as well as in their goal to provide your alumni community with higher-level engagement opportunities that are aligned with CAA’s mission and strategic priorities.
Application TimelineApplications for 2021 will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Question?Please contact CAA Alumni Chapters at 510.900.8240 or email@example.com.
How to Apply
To be considered for funding by CAA, the proposed event should advance and promote the interests of the University of California, Berkeley by connecting alumni with each other and our alma mater. These events should inform, engage, and inspire alumni to support the university by volunteering and acting as ambassadors and advocates on behalf of the university.
*A single CAA grant may not exceed $2,000 and an alumni chapter will not receive more than $5,000 in grants within any one calendar year.
Step 1: Review Qualifying, Grant Details, and Guidelines
Qualifying for support:
In order to qualify for monetary support, your chapter must fulfill the following requirements:
- Meet all of the expectations and responsibilities of maintaining a charter with CAA.
- Submit a completed Grant Application on time—incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Be able to articulate how your event or use of monetary support clearly aligns with CAA’s mission and strategic priorities.
Grant Funding Details
Read and familiarize the Grant Program Details.
- The chapter must actively communicate the event to their membership.
- The chapter must employ a registration system to collect alumni participant information.
- If the event is canceled, the grant will be rescinded.
- The chapter must complete an event report, including a list of the event attendees.
If the grant is used to support something other than an event:
- The Alumni Chapters staff will determine the best way to measure the impact and engagement of the chapter’s effort.
Step 2: Grant Application Process
- Grant applications will be accepted only during the specified submission dates listed above. Grants submitted for events that fall outside that quarter will automatically be rejected.
- All submissions will receive a confirmation or rejection notice via email.
- Priority for grants will be awarded to high-yield alumni engagement activities that best align with the CAA Strategic Plan.
- Grants will not be awarded for events and programs that have already been held, nor will funding be provided for travel, speaker fees, or honoraria alumni.
Grant Reimbursement Process
- Chapter submits a complete event report, including a list of event attendees’ full names & emails, within one week (seven days) after the event.
- The CAA Chapters Department will review the event report (accept or reject).
*Late or incomplete event reports are subject to rejection. Incomplete report must be re-submitted within one week after contact from Chapters team.
- The CAA Chapters Department will submit receipts on behalf of the chapter.
- Reimbursement checks will be distributed by CAA 2–3 weeks after a completed event report is submitted.