The Alumni Chapters Grant Program is a benefit for all of CAA’s chartered alumni chapters, providing monetary support to alumni chapters in order to provide higher level engagement opportunities to your alumni community that are aligned with CAA’s overall mission and strategic priorities.
Please read the following instructions before submitting the webform at the bottom of this page.
Questions? Please contact CAA Alumni Chapters at 510.900.8240 or at email@example.com.
|1st Quarter (Q1)||2nd Quarter (Q2)||3rd Quarter (Q3)||4th Quarter (Q4)|
Early: Wednesday, January 3, 2018
|Sunday, March 18, 2018||Sunday, June 17, 2018||Sunday, September 16, 2018|
Early: Friday, January 12, 2018
|Friday, March 30, 2018||Friday, June 29, 2018||Friday, September 28, 2018|
|Recommended Event Dates||January 1 – March 31, 2018||April 1 – June 30, 2018||July 1 – September 30, 2018||October 1 – December 31, 2018|
Special Grant Round: 2018 Summer Welcome Parties
Applications Due: Friday, May 11, 2018
Qualifying for Support
In order to qualify for monetary support, your chapter must fulfill the following requirements.
- Meet all of the expectations and responsibilities of maintaining a charter with CAA.
- Submit a complete Grant Application on time—incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Be able to articulate how your event or use of monetary support clearly aligns with CAA’s mission and strategic priorities.
Expectations from CAA
If the grant is is used to support an event:
- The chapter must actively communicate the event to their membership—whether through email, social media, etc.
- The chapter must employ a registration system to collect alumni participant information.
- The event must happen—if the event is cancelled, the grant will be rescinded.
- The chapter must complete an Event Report—including a list of the event attendees.
- Please take photos at the event and share them with CAA after the event. CAA reserves the right to use the photos for CAA marketing, including but not limited to, email, web, social media, and print collateral.
If the grant is used to support something other than an event (e.g. production of a newsletter):
- The Alumni Chapters staff will determine the best way to measure the impact and engagement of the chapter’s effort.
- A general report that breaks down the perceived success and the impact on the alumni community will be required.
Disbursement of Grant Money
- The money is a direct reimbursement to the chapter. Chapters will be notified of the amount for which they have been approved for reimbursement. Reimbursements will be made based on actual costs which are accompanied by an itemized receipt.
- Any unused money will not be “floated” to another event or expenses unrelated to the approved grant.
- A single CAA grant may not exceed $2,000, and alumni chapters will not receive more than $5,000 in grants within any one calendar year (January 1-December 31).
- Reimbursements will not be issued until all expectations are fulfilled.
- All receipts should be turned in at once—we will cut one check per grant.
Decisions and Notification
Decisions will be made by the CAA Alumni Chapters department, and are final. Notification will be directed to the chapter president and to the contact person listed on the Grant Application.