***Applications will be live November 15, 2019***Thank you for your interest in applying for employment at the Lair of the Golden Bear. If you are fortunate enough to be selected as one of the 2020 summer staff, your Lair experience will be one you’ll never forget! You will develop friendships that will last forever. You will become part of a very long and rich Lair staff tradition. You will enter a unique family that will make an indelible mark on the rest of your life.
Read a welcome letter from Lair Director, Mike Yaley.
Before you apply, please read through the following instructions and reminders.
1. Reread the FAQ and Job Description pages. Pay special attention to the Deadline, Eligibility, Dates at Camp, and Certification sections. Many of your questions can be answered on those two pages, so please continue to use them as resources throughout the application process.
2. The application consists of up to four parts. Parts 1 and 2 are mandatory, parts 3 and 4 are optional. Your application is not complete until your submit both parts 1 and 2. All parts of the application must be submitted before the deadline. Note: Your progress will not save on any part of the application as you go.
- Part 1 - HelloSign, required. This involves filling in your personal information and collecting your signature, and includes the Application for Employment, A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Disclosure Form to Obtain Consumer Reports for Employment Purposes, and Certification and Release of Authorization. Reminder, your progress is not saved as you go.
- Part 2 - Google Form, required - This is your chance to tell us a little more about yourself in open ended, free response questions. Reminder: this will not save your progress as you go, so we encourage you to pre-type your answers ahead of time. View the Part 2 questions.
- Part 3 - Video Submission, optional - The video is meant to be a fun opportunity for you to give us a sense of your personality. The URL must be included in Part 2, so if you choose to do Part 3, complete it before you submit Part 2. You can read more about the optional video submission on our FAQ page.
- Part 4 - Letter of Recommendation, optional - Letters of recommendation for new staff applicants are encouraged, but not required. You may view more information on our FAQ page. Reference letters are to be filled out and submitted via this Google Form.
3. If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! You may direct questions to Lair Operations Manager, Josh Dobson, at 510.900.8257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.