- RELEASE: In consideration of the Lair of the Golden Bear allowing me, my Spouse/Partner and/or my immediate family (“Lair Participants”) to utilize its campsites, facilities, equipment, services, and programs, and to participate in both on-site and off-site activities and programs including, but not limited to, swimming, hiking, boating, sports, and arts & crafts (“The Activity”) affiliated with the Lair, and/or allowing Lair Participants to do so, I for myself, my Spouse/Partner, my heirs, personal representative and assigns, release, waive, discharge, and agree not to sue the Cal Alumni Association, its officers, employees, and agents in respect of liability from any and all claims (“Release”), including those arising from the negligence of the Cal Alumni Association, its officers, employees and agents (“Released Parties”). This Release will apply in all cases, including those resulting in injuries, death, or property loss arising from or related to the Activity.
- INDEMNITY: Lair Participants also agree to indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims actions costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees, brought as a result of my involvement in The Activity, and to reimburse them for any such expenses.
- PROMOTIONAL MEDIA TERMS: Cal Alumni Association (CAA) and the Lair may use images of Lair Participants and camp activities in promotional materials through various media, and Lair Participants consent that the images may be used for these purposes. If Lair Participants do not wish to appear in any such materials, we will inform CAA in writing of this prior to our arrival at camp.
- ALCOHOL: In an effort to insure compliance with the Lair alcohol policy, Lair Participants and staff shall wear identifying wristbands at all times while on the premises. Lair Participants agree to wear an identifying wristband while on the premises. Serving alcohol to minors is illegal, and the Lair prohibits anyone under the legal age of 21 years old to consume alcohol on its premises at any time. If you are of legal age, you must drink responsibly. If you chose to serve cocktails to campers while at camp in which anyone participating is under 21, you may only serve alcohol to those ages 21 and over as identified by their wristbands. Campers not complying will be asked to leave camp.
- RIGHTS RESERVED: The Lair reserves the right to ask you to leave camp if you, your family or guests’ presence becomes distracting to the wellbeing, safety or welfare of other campers or staff at the Lair.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Lair Participants understand that participation in The Activity carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. Lair Participants have voluntarily assumed such risks. The specific risks vary from one activity to another, but the risks range from 1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains; 2) major injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions; and 3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death.
- CANCELLATION: Lair participants agree to the Lair Cancellation Policy - see below to read our full Cancellation Policy.
- MEMBERSHIP: Lair participants agree to our Membership Policy where CAA Membership is requested for at least one adult camper in every tent during our week long family camp sessions — see below to read our full CAA Membership Policy.
Lair Participants have carefully reviewed this Agreement and understand its terms. Lair Participants have not relied on any oral representation, statement or inducement not specifically set forth in the Agreement. Lair Participants voluntarily execute this Agreement on their own behalf. I expressly acknowledge and affirm my intent that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full legal force and effect.
Please review the updated cancellation and refund policy below for new cancellation deadlines and restrictions. All cancellations must be in writing, such as in an email.
Canceling on or Before February 28, 2018
You may cancel a booking on or before February 28, 2018 and receive a full refund of your deposit.
Canceling Between March 1 and on or before March 22, 2018
A $250 fee will be charged for all cancellations of confirmed tent reservations if the cancellation occurs on March 1 and on or before March 22, 2018.
Canceling Between March 23, 2018 and on or Before May 1, 2018
A $500 fee will be charged for all cancellations of confirmed week long family camp tent reservations and a $150 fee for a weekend family camp reservation if the cancellation occurs on March 23 and on or before May 1, 2018.
Canceling Between May 2, 2018 and Your Lair Arrival Date
All cancellations between May 2, 2018 and 14 days prior to your arrival date will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit ($822/$858 for full week; $257 for getaway weekends; $300 Lair Sports and Recreation Camp; $200 for Women’s Wellness Weekend; $168 for Young Alumni Weekend). Cancellations within 14 days of your arrival result in the forfeiture of your entire camping fee. If an individual who was originally a member of a confirmed reservation cancels on May 2 or later, a $100 fee will be charged per individual who cancels, and a tent fee of $567 may also be invoked, depending on the number of campers remaining in the tent. You may change the campers in your tent without incurring the $100 fee, provided the total number of campers remains the same or higher.
Final Payment is Due May 1 for Family Camp
Final Payment is due May 1 for all family camp reservations, and on June 1 for all adult sessions. Payments received after these dates will incur a minimum $50 late payment fee. Unpaid reservations are subject to cancellation and forfeiture for full deposit.
Canceling Within 14 Days of Your Arrival Date
All cancellations made within 14 days of your arrival date will result in a forfeiture of the entire fee, unless we can fill your space. If we can fill your tent, then only your deposit is retained. No refunds will be given for individuals in a tent who cancel within 14 days of camp.
Partial Stay Campers
No refunds will be given for campers confirmed for the week but who arrive late or leave early, unless we are notified at least 14 days before the start of camp.
If You Don’t Get a Tent Through the Lottery
If you are not assigned a tent through the lottery, we will issue a FULL REFUND of your deposit on request. You may chose to stay on the wait list for however long and incur no penalties until you accept a tent.
Absolutely no refunds will be given for changes in which we are notified after the start date of your camp session.
CAA Membership Policy
Cal Alumni Association (CAA) membership is required for one adult in each tent during our week-long family camp sessions. Sorry, membership to other University of California alumni associations does not qualify for this requirement. You do not need to be a Cal grad to be a CAA member. We welcome all!
To become a member, or to renew your membership, please contact our Membership Services department at 888.225.2586, email@example.com.