In light of the increased concerns and uncertainty as it pertains to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Lair is making two significant adjustments to our Cancellation Policy for 2020.
- The Lair will waive all cancellation fees from now through April 30, 2020. If you decide to cancel between now and April 30, we will refund your full deposit / payment made to date. On May 1, all final payments will be due, and our current Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Tent assignments will now be confirmed and announced via email on Tuesday, April 7, 2020. By pushing this tent confirmation date back, we are pushing back the 21-day window for those campers who wish to purchase trip insurance (making Monday, April 27, 2020 the deadline for purchasing some policies). This gives campers no penalties or additional costs to delay their decision on camping with us this summer.
Our online Lair reservation system will be closed until April 7. We apologize for this inconvenience, and seek your understanding as we navigate these challenging times.
For those of you who are new campers or requested a session switch, you can give us a call to learn which session you were assigned. We’re sorry that we will not be able to provide you with your specific tent number until April 7.
If you have friends who wish to camp with you, they can give us a call to book. And if you need your tax receipt from 2019, you can reply to this email with this request and we’ll send you a pdf.
Additional important information on trip insurance
Trip insurance should NOT be purchased before April 7!
We strongly suggest you learn about trip insurance options now and read the policies carefully to know what will be covered. You are free to use any insurance company you like. The Lair has partnered with Meyer and Associates to offer Trip Cancellation insurance for campers concerned about illness or cancellation affecting their trip. Please note there are two policies available, each with slightly different features.
If you are seeking coverage that will allow you to cancel for any reason, you must purchase the World Trip Protector Plus plan within 21 days of Tuesday, April 7. This policy, which covers 75% of your camp cost, allows you to cancel for any reason provided that:
- Cancellation is done at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure
- Coverage is purchased within 21 days from April 7, the date of the email with your tent confirmation announcement
- 100% of the non-refundable costs are insured
- The traveler was not disabled from travel at the time of purchase.
Please contact Meyer and Associates at 866.679.7836 or Hello@MeyerAndAssoc.com if you have any questions. You can also learn more and get an online quote quickly and easily to help with your decision.
We are following developments on the virus closely, and will continue to communicate with campers as we make decisions that could impact your summer plans. If you have questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 510.900.8255.
Michael W. Yaley
General Manager, Pinecrest Operations