Find out what you need to bring, might want to bring, and what you should not pack for your upcoming trip.
We also have some items available for rent (for an additional cost) during your stay to make your Lair visit even more comfortable and easy. These items will be delivered to your tent upon arrival and you can leave them at your tent when you head home.
Check out our rental items »
Need to Bring
- Flashlights for each family member
- Bedding—a warm sleeping bag or 3–4 blankets and sheets, plus pillows and pillowcases. There is one electrical outlet in the tent, so you can bring an electric blanket, yet you may need an extension cord depending how you configure the bed(s). All bed frames are twin size (except Room 1 in Bosch Hall, which has a queen size bed and a twin)
- A sheet and/or pad to cover the mattress under your sleeping bag
- Casual old clothing to stand up to the Lair’s dusty environment. Be prepared for warm days and cool nights with shorts, bathing suits, long pants, sweaters, jackets, and hats for warmth and/or sun
- Towels and toiletries
- Masks for the whole family
- Optional Items - Take a Look!
- Mattress pad or air mattress to put on top of bed mattresses for additional back support and comfort
- Recreational items: Musical instruments, reading materials, board games, playing cards, white t-shirts for tie-dye or t-shirt painting, camera, and walkie-talkies (to keep track of kids in camp)
- Athletic equipment: Hiking boots, day packs, tennis racquets, softball mitts, golf clubs, mountain bike & helmet, fishing pole, bait & tackle, swim goggles
- Sleeping pad to put atop mattress for additional back support and comfort
- Your best ’70s outfits (or any silly/dress-up clothes) for Disco Bingo
- Costumes Encouraged! Each age group will have a day where a costume is encouraged: KK will have Super Hero Day; 6 & 7’s will have an Olympics so dress as your favorite sports star; 8 & 9’s will be pirates and 8 & 9’s, Preteens and Teens will have a TropiCAL day where Hawaiian wear or Cal, blue and gold clothes are encouraged
- For your cabin: Alarm clock, mirror, ice chest (with a secure lid), secure plastic tub for snacks, folding chairs and table, clamp on lights, string & icicle lights to decorate, extension cords
- If your family includes a baby: Diapers, portacrib, play pen, stroller, “Snugglie” or “Gerry-pak” toys, a baby tub, or high chair (we have booster chairs in the dining hall)
- Miscellaneous vacation needs: Sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, chapstick, bandaids, laundry soap, quarters, clothesline and clothespins, rain gear (just in case!)
- A bedrail (limited number at camp)
- Markers for identifying your “stuff” or marking schedules, etc.
- Backpacks for kids (makes carrying towels, etc. a lot easier)
Items Not to Bring
- Propane lanterns
- Space heaters
- Motor driven bikes and scooters
- Water balloons
- Water guns
- We strongly suggest that you not bring valuables to camp. If you do, please plan to store them in a locked car trunk
- Bikes, skateboards, and non-motorized scooters are to be used on paved roads only
Also Available in Camp
- Free washing machines and dryers are available in camp (bring your own detergent).
- Limited bags of free ice near your camp store.
- Pay phones are located at each camp. We strongly suggest using a prepaid calling card. Cell phone reception is typically okay if you use Verizon, but other services get virtually no reception.
- Mail delivery and pick-up are scheduled daily.
- Complimentary coffee at the Vista Lodge.
- Our store carries a supply of snacks, sodas, and ice cream, and a wide variety of Lair and Cal shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, and hats, as well as selected art supplies (clay, tiles, bisqueware, and white t-shirts). Small denomination bills are always appreciated. Visa, AMEX and MasterCard are also accepted.
- Electric Vehicle Charging - Located at Camp Oski, we have two plugs to charge electric vehicles. They are 50amp, Nema 6 type plugs, which will charge a Tesla at the rate of about 30 miles of drive distance per 1 hour of charging. We strongly recommend that if you have an electric vehicle, you bring any adapters you have, as well as the charging cord. We also ask that you move your car promptly once it is fully charged.
Our store will carry a supply of snacks, sodas, and ice cream. We also offer a wide variety of Lair and Cal shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, hats and gift items, as well as selected art supplies (clay, tiles, and white t-shirts). Small denomination bills are always appreciated. Credit cards (MasterCard and Visa) are also accepted.