Across Spain and Portugal with Paradores & Pousadas
September 29 - October 15, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Discover historic Lisbon, the Portuguese capital, with its iconic Belém Tower and the National Palace of Queluz just outside the city.
- Stay in a pousada in lovely Oporto, Portugal’s second largest city and a UNESCO site.
- Take a cruise on the Douro River and sample the port wine exclusive to this region at a port lodge.
- At Santiago de Compostela, the last stop on the celebrated pilgrimage route, experience this culturally rich and eminently walkable UNESCO city during a two-night stay.
- Experience other stops along the Way of St. James pilgrimage route.
- In vibrant León, encounter the city’s impressive historical and architectural heritage, including the beautiful 12th-century León Cathedral.
- Stop in the elegant port city of Santander for a tour and lunch.
- Tour Bilbao’s Guggenheim and Fine Arts museums as well as its medieval Old City.
- Spend an entire day exploring the beautiful, rugged Basque coastline.
- Stop in fabled Pamplona, known for its annual Running of the Bulls tradition.
- With two nights in Bielsa in the rural Pyrenees, take in the stunning scenery at the region’s UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Enjoy a three-night stay in vibrant Barcelona, where you’ll pay homage to its native son Antoni Gaudí and have time to explore this world-class city independently.
- Stay in distinguished historic lodgings throughout the tour.
- Discover more of lively, spirited Barcelona on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Across Spain and Portugal | Sep. 29 – Oct. 15, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.