Alpine Splendor: Switzerland and Austria
June 13 - 26, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Begin in lovely Lucerne with its namesake lake and take a ride up Mt. Pilatus on the world’s steepest cogwheel train.
- Board the legendary Glacier Express, following the fabled Rhône to Zermatt, gateway to the Swiss Alps.
- Ride the Gornergratbahn, Europe’s highest open-air railway, to the Gornergrat’s summit for spectacular views of the majestic Matterhorn.
- Cross into northern Italy and visit Stresa along Lake Maggiore’s shores.
- Spend three nights in lakeside Lugano and explore Switzerland’s Ticino region, including medieval Bellinzona and its iconic Castelgrande castle, a UNESCO site.
- Enjoy lunch alfresco at a grotto restaurant then visit picturesque Ascona.
- Take a leisurely cruise around Lake Lugano.
- Travel on to Austria by way of Liechtenstein and visit a royal attraction: the Cellars of the Prince of Liechtenstein where we enjoy a tour and wine sampling.
- Stay in Seefeld for two nights and tour postcard-worthy Innsbruck.
- Take a cable car to a lookout in the Nordkette, a range of mountains outside Innsbruck.
- Spend three nights in Salzburg, Austria’s riverside jewel.
- Attend an intimate chamber music performance in the famed Mirabell Palace, and visit Hohensalzburg, one of Europe’s ﬁnest castles.
- Tour the Nazis’ Eagle’s Nest retreat in nearby Berchtesgaden.
- Savor Austria’s beloved capital Vienna at your own pace with an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Alpine Splendor: Switzerland and Austria | Jun. 13 – 26, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.