Classic Safari: Kenya & Tanzania [doubles: waitlist only]
September 24 - October 09, 2023
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- See the highlights of Kenya’s cosmopolitan capital city, Nairobi, including the Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe Centre.
- Stay at Amboseli National Park in the shadow of snowcapped Mt. Kilimanjaro, known for its large elephant population and wide, dry plains teeming with wildlife.
- Visit a Maasai village.
- In Tanzania stay at Lake Manyara National Park with its abundant birdlife and diverse ecosystems, and enjoy several game drives in the park.
- Explore stunning Ngorongoro Crater, an immense intact volcanic crater and UNESCO Conservation Area that contains Africa in microcosm.
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to look for Africa’s “Big Five” inside Ngorongoro Crater: elephant, buffalo, rhino, lion, and leopard.
- En route to Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park visit Olduvai Gorge, where anthropologist Mary Leakey made her revolutionary discovery.
- Spend two nights in the storied Serengeti, the Maasai’s 5,700-square-mile “endless plain” and one of the world’s last great wildlife refuges, and also site of the annual wildebeest migration.
- In Kenya stay for three nights in a tented camp on the Masai Mara, a continuation of the Serengeti, and enjoy prime game-viewing opportunities in this premier game reserve.
- Enjoy stays in top-rated game lodges throughout the tour.
- Staying at the legendary Mount Kenya Safari Club, encounter more wildlife on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2023) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- For Information about Odysseys Unlimited’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols, please check out our attached document listed under the Additional Resources.
Classic Safari: Kenya & Tanzania | Sep. 24 – Oct. 9, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.