- A land of contrasts: the renowned natural beauty of Costa Rica and the tropical wildness of Panama; the
stark concrete of the Panama Canal, a marvel of engineering in constant use for nearly 100 years.
- Travel with us as we go by expedition ship for a unique 2-day Canal transit and rare opportunities to explore deep in the jungle.
- We’ll cruise aboard one of the newest 100-guest ships in Lindblad Expeditions’ fleet, the National Geographic Quest.
- We’ll journey through the intricate locks of the Panama Canal for an up-close view, plus enjoy special access to Corcovado National Park, and visit with inspiring families living in remote communities on the Osa Peninsula.
- And if you choose, ride horseback through the rainforest or explore a jungle shoreline by kayak or stand-up paddleboard. Snorkel a vibrant undersea garden, and cruise along mangroves aboard our Zodiac.
- The region is home to iconic wildlife—brilliant macaws, howler monkeys, capuchin monkeys, sloths, and vibrantly colored butterflies.
Costa Rica & the Panama Canal | Jan. 15 – 22, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.