Discover Egypt and the Nile Valley [singles: waitlist only]
October 20 - November 02, 2022
Operated by Orbridge
- Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Grand Egyptian Museum—the largest archaeological museum in the world, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
- In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
- Travel beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings in the Temple of Seti I and view the Abydos King List, which was instrumental to understanding Ancient Egyptian history.
- On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon.
- Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for four nights on the Nile River.
- Sail to Elephantine Island, the only ongoing excavation site open to tourists, to view its sacred temples and traditional Nubian villages.
- During an optional excursion (additional fee), view the temples of Abu Simbel carved into a massive rock cliff, which were relocated and perfectly reconstructed after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Now” button to be taken to the Orbridge website.
- Orbridge is proud to announce that for all new bookings received for future tours, each guest’s deposit will be refunded in full if the cancellation notice is received more than 90 calendar days prior to departure (180 days for Antarctica or Trans-Siberian Railway). Orbridge and Cal Discoveries Travel understand that especially during these times, enhanced flexibility and peace of mind is important.
- COVID-19 Update: Orbridge takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.
Explore More Tours
Discover the Canadian Rockies by Rail [waitlist only]
Aug 03 - Aug 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.