Romance of the Douro River, featuring Lisbon, Porto, and the Alto Douro Wine Region [on request]
October 03 - 14, 2023
Operated by AHI Travel
- Discover the treasures of Portugal on this handcrafted 10-night program, featuring three nights in Lisbon and a seven-night cruise through the Douro River Valley.
- Begin in Portugal’s humming capital, enjoying its diverse neighborhoods, nautical monuments and the Jerónimos Monastery.
- Travel north to romantic Óbidos and Coimbra, home to Portugal’s revered university.
- Spend time exploring Porto, an enigmatic harbor town known for its storied Ribeira district and bohemian culture.
- Then cruise aboard a first-class ship through the fabled Douro River Valley, the world’s oldest demarcated winemaking region.
- Carve a path through sculpted hills and bucolic lands steeped in winemaking traditions.
- Daily excursions feature visits to wine estates and charming townships, including Vila Real, Lamego and Salamanca, Spain.
- Along the way, impress your tastebuds with regional dishes, local pastries and authentic port wines.
- Plus, enjoy an authentic Portuguese folk show and traditional “Tuna” performance!
- This journey features a choice of included excursions to personalize your journey and an extensive meal plan.
- No single supplement for solo travelers!
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Romance of the Douro River | Oct. 3 – 14, 2023
Explore More Tours
Grand Danube Passage – Prague to Sofia [on request]
Sep 25 - Oct 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.