Egypt and the Ancient Nile River [singles: waitlist only]
November 07 - 17, 2024
Operated by Orbridge
- Enjoy a full day exploring Cairo: visit the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx, and admire the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities.
- In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
- On the west bank of Luxor, descend into the elaborately decorated tombs of former rulers in the Valley of the Kings, then visit the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the few female pharaohs.
- Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for three nights on the Nile River.
- Observe the layers of thousands of years of history at Elephantine Island, the only ongoing archaeological excavation site open to tourists.
- Stay in luxurious accommodations at Egypt’s most renowned heritage properties, including the Marriott Mena House in Cairo, the Sofitel Winter Palace in Luxor, and the Sofitel Legend Cataract in Aswan.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Now” button to be taken to the Orbridge website.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Discover Egypt and the Nile Valley 2022 | Nov. 7 – 17, 2024
Explore More Tours
Romance of the Douro River, featuring Lisbon, Porto, and the Alto Douro Wine Region [on request]
Oct 03 - Oct 14
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta [waitlist only]
Oct 06 - Oct 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.