Exploring the Hudson River in Fall: Transformation, Conservation & Creativity
November 04 - 11, 2023
Operated by Lindblad Expeditions
- Escape the concrete jungles of New York City to discover the serene natural beauty of startlingly steep cliffs and autumn-hued foliage, iconic lighthouses and bridges, and artistic wonders as you sail up the Hudson River on the 62-passenger National Geographic Sea Lion during your eight-day voyage.
- Debark in riverside towns that are full of maritime history and learn the essential roles music and art have played in the region with a special visit to Storm King Mountain Art Center.
- Visit Sleepy Hollow to hear Washington Irving’s ageless gothic legend re-told.
- And encounter fall wildlife while kayaking Constitution Marsh and Rogers Island Wildlife Management Area.
- Special experiences include a sail upon the traditional sloop and a musical performance of Clearwater against the backdrop of the ethereal island ruins of an American castle.
- Plus, kayak in riverside wetlands on the lookout for bald eagles, wood ducks, and muskrats—and meet the passionate caretakers of the Hudson Valley Natural Heritage Area, part of the Estuarine Research Reserve, who have written the region’s conservation success stories.
Exploring the Hudson River in Fall: Transformation, Conservation & Creativity | Nov. 4 – 11, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cruise the Rhine and Mosel Rivers, A Family Journey – Basel to Amsterdam [singles waitlist only]
Jul 11 - Jul 19
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.