Legendary Turkey: Istanbul to the Turquoise Coast [waitlist only]
April 12 - 26, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Your journey begins with a four-night stay in Istanbul, magnificent “Empress of the World” and Turkey’s cultural and spiritual heart.
- Tour Istanbul’s famed highlights: the Spice Bazaar, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and Topkapi Palace.
- Take a private cruise on the Bosphorus, the waterway that separates Europe from Asia.
- Explore the Grand Bazaar, a vast covered market housing some 5,000 shops along 60 streets.
- Visit Gallipoli, haunting site of 31 Allied cemeteries from World War I.
- Ferry across the Dardanelles to storied Troy, believed to exist only in Homer’s epic poem until the present site was discovered in the 1870s.
- Tour Pergamum, one of Turkey’s most spectacular ancient sites.
- Spend the day touring Turkey’s incomparable classical city, Ephesus, including its acclaimed “houses of the wealthy.”
- Enjoy lunch in the beautiful, rustic village of Sirince.
- Witness the age-old craft of carpet-weaving during a demonstration at a carpet factory.
- Travel to the beautiful port city of Fethiye for a two-night stay in a resort hotel overlooking the marina.
- Visit the museum-like ghost town of Kayakoy, followed by an idyllic day cruising the tranquil Turquoise Coast on a privately chartered yacht.
- Journey along the coastal road with stops in Demre, for a visit to the Church of Saint Nicholas, and the ancient Greco-Roman city of Phaselis.
- Cross the Taurus Mountains to your final destination, seaside Antalya, where you’ll tour the renowned Archaeological Museum and charming Old Town.
- Take an excursion to see the ruins at Perge, an ancient Greek city.
- Visit ancient Konya then explore the bizarre rock formations and underground cities of Cappadocia and the Goreme Valley on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Legendary Turkey: Istanbul to the Turquoise Coast | Apr. 12 – 26, 2024
Explore More Tours
Romance of the Douro River, featuring Lisbon, Porto, and the Alto Douro Wine Region [on request]
Oct 03 - Oct 14
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta [waitlist only]
Oct 06 - Oct 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.