Machu Picchu to the Galapagos [waitlist only]
April 23 - May 08, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Take a guided tour of colonial Lima and the Museo de Arte de Lima, a prominent art museum covering 3,000 years of Peruvian history.
- Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, a region of Inca sites and indigenous villages, and attend a native “Offering to the Earth” ceremony.
- Discover Machu Picchu, the stunning “Lost City of the Incas,” staying at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just yards from the entrance to the ruins.
- Savor two guided visits to the breathtaking ruins without all the day trippers.
- Tour Cuzco – the archaeological hub of the Americas, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy lunch in the home of a gracious Cuzco family.
- In Quito, another UNESCO site, tour its well-preserved historic center – considered Latin America’s finest – and visit the Middle of the World Monument.
- For your Galapagos adventure, stay for four nights at the beautiful Royal Palm Hotel set in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- Embark on privately chartered day cruises to North Seymour and South Plaza islands – rich in ﬂora and fauna – accompanied by an expert naturalist guide.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the Fausto Llerena Tortoise Center to learn about the iconic Galapagos tortoises.
- Enjoy opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and nature walks.
- Observe the Galapagos’ fascinating residents: Sally Lightfoot crabs, iguanas, sea lions, and abundant birdlife, including blue-footed boobies.
- Explore Santa Cruz Island, where you encounter the giant Galapagos tortoises in their natural habitat, and see the huge craters of Los Gemelos and secluded white-sand Garrapatero beach.
- With a final day in Quito, tour the colorful Botanical Gardens and lively Iñaquito Market.
- Join an optional pre-tour excursion to the Amazon rainforest to discover its flora and fauna for 4 days/4 nights.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Machu Picchu to the Galapagos | Apr. 23 – May 8, 2023
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.