Machu Picchu to the Galapagos
October 24 - November 08, 2023
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Take a guided tour of colonial Lima and the Museo de Arte de Lima, a prominent art museum covering 3,000 years of Peruvian history.
- Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, a region of Inca sites and indigenous villages, and attend a native “Offering to the Earth” ceremony.
- Discover Machu Picchu, the stunning “Lost City of the Incas,” staying at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just yards from the entrance to the ruins.
- Savor two guided visits to the breathtaking ruins without all the day trippers.
- Tour Cuzco – the archaeological hub of the Americas, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy lunch in the home of a gracious Cuzco family.
- In Quito, another UNESCO site, tour its well-preserved historic center – considered Latin America’s finest – and visit the Middle of the World Monument.
- For your Galapagos adventure, stay for four nights at the beautiful Royal Palm Hotel set in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- Embark on privately chartered day cruises to North Seymour and South Plaza islands – rich in flora and fauna – accompanied by an expert naturalist guide.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the Fausto Llerena Tortoise Center to learn about the iconic Galapagos tortoises.
- Enjoy opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and nature walks.
- Observe the Galapagos’ fascinating residents: Sally Lightfoot crabs, iguanas, sea lions, and abundant birdlife, including blue-footed boobies.
- Explore Santa Cruz Island, where you encounter the giant Galapagos tortoises in their natural habitat, and see the huge craters of Los Gemelos and secluded white-sand Garrapatero beach.
- With a final day in Quito, tour the colorful Botanical Gardens and lively Iñaquito Market.
- Join an optional pre-tour excursion to the Amazon rainforest to discover its flora and fauna for 4 days/4 nights.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2023) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- For Information about Odysseys Unlimited’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols, please check out our attached document listed under the Additional Resources.
Machu Picchu to the Galapagos | Oct. 24 – Nov. 8, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.