New Zealand Adventure [on request]
January 25 - February 09, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- See Auckland’s highlights, including the acclaimed Auckland Museum, during a two-night stay in this cosmopolitan city.
- Embark on a cruise around glittering Auckland Harbour.
- Enjoy a subterranean adventure at Ruakuri Caves, home to unique glowworms.
- Visit Rotorua’s Te Puia Thermal Reserve and Maori Cultural Centre for a traditional hangi dinner and Maori performance.
- Encounter intriguing Rotorua – a geothermal wonder, with its geysers, mud pools, and hot springs – on a city tour.
- Get an up-close look at New Zealand’s biodiversity at Rainbow Springs Nature Park, and see the country’s famous birds at the National Kiwi Trust.
- Sample the local terroir at Church Road Winery, one of the country’s oldest and most acclaimed wineries, in the celebrated Hawke’s Bay wine region.
- Go on a walking tour in seaside Napier, famed for its Art Deco architecture.
- Learn about the country’s sheep farming industry at a private farm where you’ll watch sheepdogs at work and a sheep-shearing demonstration, followed by a barbecue lunch.
- Ride on the historic cable car and visit New Zealand’s renowned national museum in the capital, Wellington.
- Discover Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” where highlights include the Botanic Gardens and Cathedral Square.
- Board the TranzAlpine train for one of the world’s great rail journeys up into the Southern Alps.
- Encounter spectacular Franz Josef Glacier and take a walk in a glacial valley during a two-night stay near Westland Tai Poutini National Park.
- See rare kiwi birds at the West Coast Wildlife Centre.
- Stop at a local vineyard in the Central Otago wine region for a private tasting and a tour of the wine cave.
- Take a cruise on stunning Doubtful Sound during a full-day excursion to lush, unspoiled Fiordland National Park, one of New Zealand’s top attractions.
- Enjoy a day at leisure in the outdoor mecca of Queenstown, with abundant options for savoring this spectacular setting: a paddle steamer ride, jet boating, the Skyline gondola, and more.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
New Zealand Adventure | Jan. 25 – Feb. 9, 2024
Explore More Tours
Holiday Markets Cruise: The Festive Rhine River Düsseldorf to Basel
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.