- Follow in the footsteps of Josephine Baker, Langston Hughes, Eugene Bullard and other African American luminaries on this enriching seven-night stay in Paris.
- In the years following World War I, many Black Americans found acceptance and opportunities in the City of Light.
- Through specially designed excursions and enriching talks, you will trace the journey of African Americans in France, gaining insight into why they moved to Paris and how they forever influenced French culture.
- In Montmartre, listen to stories about the club owners and musicians that shaped Paris’ jazz fervor, and learn about the contributions of key figures of the African diaspora.
- Watch a fascinating documentary, followed by a discussion with the filmmakers, and enjoy an evening of jazz at a local club.
- Along the way, enjoy quintessential Parisian experiences: tasting divine cuisine, cruising the Seine River and exploring the incredible art scene.
- This small-group program, ideal for active travelers, features a first-class hotel and an extensive meal plan, including wine with dinner.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website.
Paris, featuring the African American Experience | Jun. 3 – 11, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.