- Travel to the breathtaking Amalfi Coast, your base for exploring Italy’s Campania region.
- Take a coastal cruise to Amalfi Center and ascend to mountaintop Ravello, with its beautiful gardens and coastal views.
- Explore the ruins at Pompeii, the city frozen in time by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 CE.
- Stop in Montecassino, whose Abbey is the mother church of the Benedictine order and a center of medieval art.
- Tour the heart of ancient Rome: the 55,000-seat Colosseum, built in 72 CE; and the Forum, ancient Rome’s political and legal center.
- Visit the Vatican for a tour of St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel in the Vatican Museums.
- Travel through a pastoral landscape of rolling farmlands and medieval hill towns to Orvieto, where you’ll attend a cooking demonstration followed by dinner.
- Take an excursion to the walled town of Assisi, a gem in the heart of Umbria.
- Encounter classic Tuscany with tours of Florence, a living monument to the Renaissance; San Gimignano, known for its 13 medieval watchtowers; and Siena, boasting one of Europe’s great public squares.
- Enjoy a local wine tasting in San Gimignano, a region known for Italy’s beloved Chianti.
- Conclude your journey in magical Venice with a walk through vast St. Mark’s Square and time to explore on your own.
- Relax during three- and four-night stays in intimate small hotels in Amalfi, Tuscany, and Umbria.
- Continue exploring Venice on your own on an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2023) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- For Information about Odysseys Unlimited’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols, please check out our attached document listed under the Additional Resources.
Portrait of Italy | May 15 – 30, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.