Provincial French Countryside [singles: waitlist only]
September 25 - October 09, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Discover medieval Carcassonne and the market town of Albi with its Toulouse-Lautrec Museum.
- Soak up French life while staying in atmospheric rural inns and small country hotels.
- Stay in charming Sarlat and explore the remote Dordogne, including a leisurely afternoon cruise on the Dordogne River.
- Tour the International Center for Cave Art at Lascaux IV, showcasing reproductions of the original pre-historic cave paintings found nearby.
- Visit the cliffside village of Rocamadour, a revered pilgrimage site.
- Tour the impressive chateau at Chenonceau in the Loire Valley.
- Visit the dramatic Gothic abbey of Mont St. Michel, dramatically sited atop a precipitous rock formation in the sea.
- In medieval Bayeux tour the Tapestry Museum, home of the 1,000-year-old Bayeux Tapestry.
- Tour Normandy’s famous D-Day landing beaches and sights, including the moving American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach.
- Walk amid artist Claude Monet’s gardens in Giverny, where he was inspired to create his Impressionist masterpieces.
- Get acquainted with Paris on a city tour before bidding au revoir to France.
- Continue exploring wonderous Paris on your own on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Provincial French Countryside | Sep. 25 – Oct. 9, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.