The Galapagos Islands: Western Itinerary [on request]
July 02 - 09, 2024
Operated by Orbridge
- During a full day tour of Quito, marvel at the gold leaf interior of the Jesuit Church of la Compañía—a fine example of the mix of European influences and indigenous art called the Baroque school of Quito; enjoy a lunch of Ecuadorian specialties; and view a unique collection of pre-Columbian art.
- Benefit from the participation of naturalist guides who bring their knowledge and passion to impart the beauty, mystery, and intricacy of the Galapagos Islands.
- Observe with remarkable proximity the diversity of endemic species such as the Nazca and blue-footed boobies; giant tortoises; marine and land iguanas; the flightless Galapagos cormorant; and the famous Darwin’s finches.
- Discover the myriad of aquatic wildlife in the clear waters of the world’s second largest marine reserve.
- Snorkel with sea lions, colorful tropical fish, and sea turtles—or observe them through a glass-bottom boat.
- Explore secluded inlets and stroll sweeping white sand beaches such as Punta Espinoza, where flightless cormorants nest nearby and sea lions, Galapagos penguins, and turtles can be seen frolicking in a fine display of multi-species tolerance in the nearby lagoon.
- Visit dramatic and historic places, including the Charles Darwin Research Station—the iconic site of Galapagos National Park research and conservation efforts—most notable for its captive breeding program for the Galapagos Giant Tortoise; and Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island, one of the ﬁrst sites visited by Charles Darwin featuring a “lunar landscape” of lava ﬁelds.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Now” button to be taken to the Orbridge website.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
The Galapagos Island | Jul. 2 – 9, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.