The Wolves & Wildlife of Yellowstone [On Request]
January 20 - 26, 2024
Operated by Orbridge
- Experience Yellowstone in its winter incarnation: a world with frozen geyser rain, ghost trees with a frosty glaze, surprising winter wildflowers, and dynamic hydrothermal features set in snow and ice.
- Scout for wildlife from the comfort of a custom-outfitted, heated vehicle, featuring oversized windows and a rooftop viewing hatch. Yellowstone is considered one of the best wolf-watching habitats in the country.
- Learn from two expert Orbridge Expedition Leaders and professional naturalist guides, who share their informed perspectives and first-person accounts of the wolves’ setbacks, survival, and victories.
- Meet an award-winning wildlife photographer for a presentation during a visit to his gallery.
- Keep binoculars close at hand: this is the Serengeti of North America, home to the largest concentration of mammals in the lower 48 states. Resident bison, elk, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, moose, and other wildlife live among seven large predators, including the elusive gray wolf.
- Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge. Created in 1912, this sanctuary is home to one of the largest elk herds in North America.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Now” button to be taken to the Orbridge website.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
The Wolves & Wildlife of Yellowstone | Jan. 20 – 26, 2024
Explore More Tours
Holiday Markets Cruise: The Festive Rhine River Düsseldorf to Basel
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.