Total Solar Eclipse: Texas [singles: waitlist or paired share]
April 05 - 09, 2024
Operated by Insider Expeditions
*Update effective 8/2/23: Due to overwhelming demand for this program, we have moved the eclipse-viewing portion of the itinerary from Summer’s Mill Ranch in Waco to a luxury retreat in Glen Rose, TX. The new location, Rough Creek Lodge, offers more space, a greater variety of accommodations, and more exclusivity for the Cal Alumni eclipse-viewing group. *
- View an astronomical wonder–watch as the sun transcends into darkness for 4 minutes and 27 seconds on April 8, 2024.
- Feed your curiosity with experiences and lectures led by leading experts, as well as some of the best local guides in the country.
- Visit Dallas’s esteemed Perot Museum of Nature and Science for a privately guided tour and discussion within the exhibit hall, called the “Expanding Universe.”
- Get a preview of what to expect on eclipse day with a private viewing at UTA Planetarium on the campus of the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Enjoy a private tour and lecture at the newly-renovated Noble Space Gallery at Noble Planetarium in Fort Worth.
- Choose your own adventure among our lodge’s many included activities, such as a swimming pool, fitness center, a nature trail, basketball and pickleball courts, archery range, the largest maze in Texas, bicycle use, zip line, mini golf, canoeing, and more–all at a location that is perfect for eclipse viewing!
- The next total solar eclipse in North America is not until 2044, so don’t miss this opportunity to witness such a remarkable experience so close to home, and led and curated by an expert team.
- If you are interested in more information, please click on the “Reserve Now” button to be taken to Insider Expeditions’ webpage for this trip.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Total Solar Eclipse: Texas | April 5 – 9, 2024
Explore More Tours
Romance of the Douro River, featuring Lisbon, Porto, and the Alto Douro Wine Region [on request]
Oct 03 - Oct 14
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta [waitlist only]
Oct 06 - Oct 09
Discover Egypt and the Nile Valley [waitlist only]
Oct 07 - Oct 20
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.