Wild Baja Escape: The Whales of Magdalena Bay
February 10 - 15, 2024
Operated by Lindblad Expeditions
- Experience the best of Baja California in a compact time frame at Magdalena Bay.
- Spend several extraordinary days in the company of majestic gray whales in Mexico’s Bahía Magdalena, one of the best places in the world to witness interactions between gray whale mothers and their curious calves, who often approach Lindblad’s small boats.
- Kayak through mangrove forests and hike desert islands, watch pelicans and ospreys soar overhead, and soak up the sun on some of the Pacific’s most pristine beaches.
- Learn about desert ecosystems, seabird migrations, and whale behavior from experienced naturalist guides.
- Live among gigantic gray whale mothers and their calves in the nursery waters of Bahía Magdalena. See them from the ship and local pangas, delighting in up-close encounters.
- Explore diverse landscapes; fat-tire bike along desert island terrain.
- Scan the skies for bird species, from diving pelicans to magnificent frigatebirds
- If you would like to receive a PDF copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Brochure Request Link” under Additional Resources on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Wild Baja Escape: The Whales of Magdalena Bay | Feb. 10 – 15, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.