- Discover why Iceland is known as the “land of fire and ice” on a voyage to the remote fjords and volcanic isles along the country’s western coast.
- Venture across the stark landscape of an island formed by volcanic eruptions, where the ground is still warmed by geothermal activity.
- Set out by Zodiac to view towering cliffs teeming with nesting seabirds and snow-capped plateaus rising into the clouds.
- Explore the legacy of Viking explorers and intrepid fishermen as you visit historic villages.
- We will navigate the dramatic shorelines of the remote and seldom-visited wild Westfjords region, spotting nesting puffins and gannets on the Látrabjarg cliffs and watching for humpback and minke whales in the surrounding waters.
- We’ll take advantage of the dramatic landscape of the fjord and offer hiking, leisurely explorations of the tundra, and perhaps photography of wildflowers.
- On Heimaey in the volcanic Westman Islands we drive between the island’s two volcanoes, then visit the ruins of old Viking houses dating back to the year 900 AD.
- Our expert expedition team will do whatever it takes to ensure you an unforgettable experience and will illuminate each facet of this fascinating region through their enthusiasm and knowledge.
Wild Iceland Escape | Jul. 11 – 16, 2023
Explore More Tours
Cuba & its People – Featuring the African Diaspora [waitlist only]
Dec 02 - Dec 09
Holiday Markets Cruise ~ The Festive Rhine River [waitlist only]
Dec 04 - Dec 12
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.