Oct. 20 – Nov. 2, 2022
Number of days:
- Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the Grand Egyptian Museum—the largest archaeological museum in the world, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
- In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
- Travel beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings in the Temple of Seti I and view the Abydos King List, which was instrumental to understanding Ancient Egyptian history.
- On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon.
- Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for four nights on the Nile River.
- Sail to Elephantine Island, the only ongoing excavation site open to tourists, to view its sacred temples and traditional Nubian villages.
- During an optional excursion (additional fee), view the temples of Abu Simbel carved into a massive rock cliff, which were relocated and perfectly reconstructed after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.