Jan. 20 – Feb. 3, 2020 [waitlist only]
Number of days:
$5,397 [including air from SFO]
- Explore Cairo’s intriguing ancient sites: the Pyramids of Giza, the enigmatic Sphinx, Memphis and the necropolis of Sakkara.
- Tour the acclaimed Egyptian Museum and bustling Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
- See Abu Simbel’s dramatic temples that were dismantled and moved to higher ground during the construction of the Aswan High Dam.
- Relax during a deluxe three-night cruise on Lake Nasser, disembarking to tour ancient Nubian temples and sites.
- Visit the Aswan High Dam.
- Sail traditional feluccas and enjoy sightseeing in Aswan before boarding your Nile cruise ship.
- Embark on a deluxe four-night Nile River cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
- Tour the ancient Karnak and Luxor temple complexes, and also the Luxor Museum, housing relics discovered at these sites.
- Visit the West Bank temples and tombs that comprise the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens, including the Temple of Hatshepsut honoring one of the few female pharaohs.
- Choose to take an optional balloon ride over the West Bank.
- See the massive Colossi of Memnon.
- Tour important ruins in Old Cairo, where early capital cities once stood, before returning home.
- Discover the fabled “rose red” city of Petra and Jordan’s capital Amman on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.