Feb. 11 – 25, 2022
Number of days:
$4,995 [including air from SFO]
- Explore Cairo’s intriguing ancient sites: the Pyramids of Giza, the enigmatic Sphinx, Memphis, and the necropolis of Sakkara.
- See Abu Simbel’s dramatic temples that were dismantled and moved to higher ground during the construction of the Aswan High Dam.
- Visit the immense Aswan High Dam, a marvel of engineering.
- Take in Aswan’s sights, including the acclaimed Nubia Museum and the Temples of Philae.
- Relax during a fascinating four-night cruise on Lake Nasser, disembarking to tour ancient Nubian temples and sites.
- Embark on a deluxe three-night Nile River cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
- Enjoy a relaxing sail aboard a traditional felucca.
- Tour the ancient Karnak and Luxor temple complexes and also the Luxor Museum, housing relics discovered at these sites.
- Visit the West Bank temples and tombs that comprise the Valley of the Kings and the Valley of the Queens, including the Temple of Hatshepsut honoring one of the few female pharaohs.
- See the massive Colossi of Memnon.
- View the West Bank from above on an optional hot air balloon ride.
- Returning to Cairo, explore the exotic Khan el-Khalili bazaar, among the largest in the Middle East.
- Tour the renowned Egyptian Museum, one of the world’s greatest repositories of ancient relics.
- Encounter important ruins in Old Cairo, where early capital cities once stood.
- Discover the fabled “rose-red” city of Petra, ancient Jerash, and Jordan’s capital, Amman, on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.