|Final Brochure: Ethiopia||6.87 MB|
- Encounter the abundant historical, natural, and cultural heritage of northern Ethiopia, with visits to multiple UNESCO sites.
- Explore the exciting, diverse capital city of Addis Ababa, a melding of old and new.
- Tour the National Museum of Ethiopia, home to the remains of the 3.2-million-year-old skeleton of the hominid Lucy.
- Meet Weyto people – a local ethnic group who live along the shores of Lake Tana – in their village, and learn about their tankwa reed boats.
- Take a boat trip on the lake to the Zege Peninsula, known for its round, grass-roofed churches with magnificent murals.
- Admire items, including jewelry, woven and embroidered garments, ox-horn drinking vessels, and grass baskets (a local specialty), in Bahir Dar’s handcraft market.
- Hike up to the fabled Blue Nile Falls, one of Ethiopia’s most popular sights.
- In Gondar, explore the ruins of the 17th-century castle complex of Fasil Ghebbi, a UNESCO site.
- Ascend to the stunning Ethiopian Highlands for a two-night stay in the exotic Simien Mountains National Park.
- Spend a full day traversing this incredible natural setting, a UNESCO site and home to rare and endemic wildlife.
- See the remains of the Kingdom of Axum, including the massive Obelisk of Axum, at various UNESCO archaeological sites in the holy city of Axum, the kingdom’s former capital.
- Visit Lalibela’s 11 incredible rock-hewn churches, carved out of living rock between the 7th to 13th centuries.
- Marvel at Asheton Maryam monastery, carved into the face of a mountain some 13,000 feet above Lalibela, and the remarkable cave church of Yemrehanna Kristos.
- Encounter the fascinating tribes of southern Ethiopia, along with the wildlife of two national parks, on a 6-day/5-night post-tour extension.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2021) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update
Day 1: Depart U.S. for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Day 2: Arrive Addis Ababa
Day 3: Addis Ababa
Day 4: Addis Ababa/Bahir Dar
Day 5: Bahir Dar
Day 6: Bahir Dar/Gondar
Day 7: Gondar/Simien Mountains National Park
Day 8: Simien Mountains National Park
Day 9: Simien Mountains/Axum
Day 10: Axum
Day 11: Axum/Lalibela
Day 12: Lalibela
Day 13: Lalibela/Addis Ababa
Day 14: Addis Ababa/Depart for U.S.
Day 15: Arrive U.S.