Oct. 23 – Nov. 5, 2022
Number of days:
From $5,195 [including air from SFO]
- Explore the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including ancient medinas, kasbahs, and Roman ruins.
- See the highlights of the country’s capital, Rabat, including the Kasbah of the Oudaias, the new Mohammed VI contemporary art museum, and the medina.
- Indulge in home-cooked dishes and fascinating conversation over lunch in a private home in Sale.
- Stop in Meknes, Morocco’s youngest imperial city, and see the impressive Bab el Mansour gateway and the ruins of the imperial stables.
- Tour the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, a UNESCO site featuring intricate and colorful mosaics.
- Take a walking tour of the bustling medina of Fez, Morocco’s oldest imperial city, including Koranic schools, a medieval theological university, and artisans’ quarters.
- Watch artisans craft the acclaimed Fez pottery and ceramics.
- Enjoy a private dinner at an intimate family-run riad in Fez.
- Ride a camel along Merzouga’s breathtakingly beautiful dunes on the edge of the Sahara as the sun is setting, and then relax over dinner together in the desert.
- Encounter spectacular scenery in the High Atlas Mountains: the stunning riverside oasis of Tinehir, plummeting Todra Gorge, and the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan route.
- Stay in scenic Ouarzazate, “the door of the desert,” and stop to see the uninhabited village of Ait ben-Haddou, a UNESCO site made famous in film shoots.
- In alluring Marrakech, take a day-long tour that includes beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, the Andalusian-style El Bahia palace, and lively Djemaa el Fna Square.
- Ride in a horse-drawn carriage to the lovely Majorelle Gardens, then visit the recently opened Yves St. Laurent Museum.
- Conclude your journey in storied Casablanca, Morocco’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, where you’ll tour the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.