Nov. 30-Dec. 13, 2018
Number of days:
$5,579 [including air from SFO]
|Preliminary: Morocco||271.67 KB|
- Discover the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the uninhabited village of Ait ben-Haddou, one of southern Morocco’s most scenic villages.
- See the highlights of the country’s capital, Rabat, including the Kasbah of the Oudaias and the new Mohammed VI contemporary art museum, and enjoy lunch in a private home in Sale.
- Explore the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, a UNESCO site known for its intricate and colorful mosaics.
- Tour the bustling medina of Fez, Morocco’s oldest imperial city.
- Enjoy a private dinner at an intimate family-run riad in Fez, and visit the traditional quarter to watch artisans craft the acclaimed Fez pottery and ceramics.
- Watch the sun set over the Sahara as you ride a camel along the sand dunes at Merzouga.
- Encounter spectacular scenery in the High Atlas Mountains: the stunning riverside oasis of Tinehir, plummeting Todra Gorge, and the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan route.
- Explore alluring Marrakech with a day-long tour that includes beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, Andalusian-style El Bahia palace, and lively Djemaa el Fna Square.
- Visit the newly renovated Berber Museum in Marrakech, and lovely Majorelle Gardens.
- Conclude your tour in storied Casablanca, Morocco’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, where you visit the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.