Nov. 6 – 19, 2020
Number of days:
$5,579 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Moroccan Discovery||2.52 MB|
- Explore the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the uninhabited village of Ait ben-Haddou, one of southern Morocco’s most scenic villages.
- See the highlights of the country’s capital, Rabat, including the Kasbah of the Oudaias and the new Mohammed VI contemporary art museum.
- Enjoy home cooked dishes and fascinating conversation over lunch in a private home in Sale.
- Tour the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, a UNESCO site featuring intricate and colorful mosaics.
- Take a walking tour of the bustling medina of Fez, Morocco’s oldest imperial city, including Koranic schools, a medieval theological university, and artisans’ quarters.
- Watch artisans craft the acclaimed Fez pottery and ceramics.
- Enjoy a private dinner at an intimate family-run riad in Fez.
- Ride a camel along the sand dunes at Merzouga on the edge of the Sahara as the sun is setting, and then relax over dinner together in the desert.
- Encounter spectacular scenery in the High Atlas Mountains: the stunning riverside oasis of Tinehir, plummeting Todra Gorge, and the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan route.
- Stay in scenic Ouarzazate, “the door of the desert,” and stop to see Ait ben-Haddou, a UNESCO site made famous in film shoots.
- In alluring Marrakech take a day-long tour that includes beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, Andalusian-style El Bahia palace, and lively Djemaa el Fna Square.
- Visit lovely Majorelle Gardens and the recently opened Yves St. Laurent Museum.
- Conclude your journey in storied Casablanca, Morocco’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, where you’ll tour the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.
- COVID-19 Update: As this tour is still at least several months away, we are still planning to operate at this time and will continue to diligently monitor the situation.
- While we remain hopeful that the global situation will improve significantly before this tour, we also recognize that these are difficult and uncertain times. With that in mind, we want to provide additional flexibility with regard to payments for our Odysseys Unlimited tours departing in 2020 and reduce any financial concerns you might have. We have therefore extended your final payment due date to45 daysprior to departure from the previously advertised 95 days. Any payments made to Odysseys Unlimited, including deposits previously advertised as partially or fully non-refundable, will now be fully refundable up until 45 days prior to departure.