Nov. 6 – 19, 2020
Number of days:
$5,579 [including air from SFO]
|Preliminary Flyer: Morocco||1.12 MB|
- Explore the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the uninhabited village of Ait ben-Haddou, one of southern Morocco’s most scenic villages.
- See the highlights of the country’s capital, Rabat, including the Kasbah of the Oudaias and the new Mohammed VI contemporary art museum.
- Enjoy home cooked dishes and fascinating conversation over lunch in a private home in Sale.
- Tour the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, a UNESCO site featuring intricate and colorful mosaics.
- Take a walking tour of the bustling medina of Fez, Morocco’s oldest imperial city, including Koranic schools, a medieval theological university, and artisans’ quarters.
- Watch artisans craft the acclaimed Fez pottery and ceramics.
- Enjoy a private dinner at an intimate family-run riad in Fez.
- Ride a camel along the sand dunes at Merzouga on the edge of the Sahara as the sun is setting, and then relax over dinner together in the desert.
- Encounter spectacular scenery in the High Atlas Mountains: the stunning riverside oasis of Tinehir, plummeting Todra Gorge, and the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan route.
- Stay in scenic Ouarzazate, “the door of the desert,” and stop to see Ait ben-Haddou, a UNESCO site made famous in film shoots.
- In alluring Marrakech take a day-long tour that includes beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, Andalusian-style El Bahia palace, and lively Djemaa el Fna Square.
- Visit lovely Majorelle Gardens and the recently opened Yves St. Laurent Museum.
- Conclude your journey in storied Casablanca, Morocco’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, where you’ll tour the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.