Oct. 20 – 25, 2020
Number of days:
- Hike the Atlas Mountains to a village that is only accessible by foot.
- Walk across a river, through olive groves, and up narrow walled paths to a village hidden behind Toubkal, the highest peak in the region.
- Perhaps run into some of the famous argan tree-climbing goats!
- Travel in Land Rovers down to some wine tasting on the way to the artsy whitewashed villages by the sea.
- Hike the coast and ride a camel through the sand dunes (only if you are so inclined).
- Spend a night in Essaouira’s well-preserved medina, or ancient Arab city.
- Luxuriate at some of the best small hotels in Morocco, including Heure Bleue Palais with spectacular ocean views and rooftop pool.
- Spend time in exotic Marrakech enjoying the sprawling central square with snake charmers, soothsayers, herbalists, and adolescent acrobats.
- Always accompanied by local guides who know the people, the culture and the history of Morocco (complete with visits to museums and World Heritage sites).
- Cinnamon, turmeric and anise are just some of the flavors to enjoy during traditional Moroccan meals at high-end restaurants, remote farms and in the homes of locals.
- We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion’s may differ somewhat from yours. So there’s a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.