Sep. 28-Oct. 15, 2017
Number of days:
$7,654 (including air from SFO)
Odysseys Unlimited Inc.
|Final Brochure: Southern Africa Odyssey||2.18 MB|
- Journey into the heart of Southern Africa to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe.
- In Johannesburg spend a full day touring Soweto, including the home of former Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the home of the late Nelson Mandela.
- Visit spectacular Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
- Embark on an elephant-back safari through the bush in the Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve followed by a rhino safari in open-top safari vehicles.
- Travel to Botswana for a full-day safari excursion to Chobe National Park, home of exceptional bird life and one of Africa’s largest elephant populations.
- In Namibia set out through the vast Namib Desert with its towering sand dunes rising more than a thousand feet high.
- Rise with the sun to see the world’s highest crested dunes at Sossusvlei in the constantly changing morning light.
- Cruise along the storied Skeleton Coast, where you’ll see Cape Fur Seals and sea birds.
- Spend four nights in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
- Tour the Winelands, South Africa’s renowned wine-growing region, and visit two wineries for tours, tastings, and lunch.
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.
- Tour acclaimed Kirstenboch National Botanical Garden, set against the eastern slopes of Table Mountain.
- Tour Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.
- Experience the magnificence of the South African bush and the Kruger National Park region, while staying at a unique luxury tented camp on an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.