Mar. 19 – Apr. 5, 2020
Number of days:
$8,154 [including air from SFO]
- In Johannesburg, known as the “City of Gold,” explore the Soweto district, where the seeds of South African freedom took root, with a tour of Nelson Mandela’s home and the moving Hector Pieterson Memorial.
- Spend three nights in a historic hotel near Zimbabwe’s spectacular Victoria (“Vic”) Falls.
- Meet with local grade school students who will perform traditional music and dance.
- Relax on a “Sundowner” dinner cruise on the Zambezi River.
- Go on safari in search of the elusive rhino, then take a full-day excursion to Botswana’s Chobe National Park, which boasts one of Africa’s largest concentrations of game.
- After touring Namibia’s largest city, Windhoek, travel to the Central Namib.
- Witness dramatic landscapes in the vast Namib Desert and at Sossusvlei, home to the world’s highest crested dunes supporting a complex system of wildlife.
- Explore German-accented Swakopmund and take a catamaran excursion along the storied Namibian coast.
- Spend four nights in beautiful Cape Town, visiting its colorful Bo Kaap neighborhood and famous Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, and sampling the renowned Winelands region’s offerings at a winery.
- Ride a funicular at the stunning Cape of Good Hope, see African penguins at Boulders Beach, and summit Table Mountain via cable car.
- Experience the extraordinary Kruger National Park region on an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.