|Final Brochure: Silk Road||3.13 MB|
- Encounter an exotic mélange of culture and religion, art and architecture on this tour of Central Asia’s ancient Silk Road connecting East and West.
- Get inspired by tales of trade and treasure as you are embraced by the welcoming people of Central Asia.
- Discover Kyrgyzstan’s delightful capital, Bishkek, with a panoramic tour of this former Soviet republic’s largest city.
- Experience traditional Kyrgyz culture at a yurt-making demonstration and enjoy lunch in the home of a Kyrgyz family.
- Travel to the village of Burana to see its 11th-century tower and ancient “balbal” stone statues.
- In Tamgaly Gorge, admire the Tamgaly Petroglyphs, a UNESCO site dating to the Bronze Age.
- Spend a day touring Russian-accented Almaty, Kazakhstan’s largest city, ascending a nearby mountain for panoramic views and attending a falconry demonstration.
- Explore Uzbekistan’s capital, Tashkent, home of one of the world’s oldest surviving Qurans as well as vast Chorsu Bazaar.
- Tour Khiva’s “inner city,” another UNESCO site, which reveals this Uzbek city’s storied past as a major Silk Road trading post.
- Journey through the desert to a lakeside yurt camp for a traditional barbecue dinner and an Uzbek folkloric performance.
- In ancient Bukhara, watch silk weavers at work and visit a Sufi miniaturist’s home to learn about his craft and savor a traditional plov lunch.
- Visit one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites for Central Asian Muslims: the Memorial Complex of Naqshband, housing the mausoleum of the 14th-century Sufi theologian.
- Set out for a ceramics workshop in a village where potters have been crafting pottery using traditional methods for more than a century.
- Experience another legendary Silk Road stop, Samarkand, with its vast Registan Square and the magnificent 15th-century Bibi-Khanym mosque.
- Your discovery of this cultural crossroads includes a visit to the Gur Emir Mausoleum, Tamerlane’s tomb; and the Afrasiyab Museum with its ancient artifacts.
- Returning to the Uzbek capital, call on the studio of renowned ceramicist Akbar Rakhimov and watch the master at work.
- View the interview with Dianne Fukami about the 2021 Silk Road trip.
- Odysseys Unlimited Terms and Conditions.
- 2021 Odysseys Unlimited Digital Catalog
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2021) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update
Day 1: Depart U.S. for Bishkek
Day 2: Bishkek
Day 3: Bishkek
Day 4: Bishkek
Day 5: Almaty
Day 6: Almaty
Day 7: Tashkent
Day 8: Tashkent
Day 9: Khiva
Day 10: Khiva
Day 11: Bukhara
Day 12: Bukhara
Day 13: Samarkand
Day 14: Samarkand
Day 15: Samarkand
Day 16: Tashkent
Day 17: Depart Tashkent for U.S.
NOTE: Itinerary may change.