Oct. 2 – 14, 2021
Number of days:
Eureka by Cal Discoveries Travel
- Immerse yourself in 1500 species of orchids, 289 birds, and 290 types of butterflies at the Kinabalu Park home of the world’s largest flower, the Rafflesia.
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation center, the only representation of the great apes outside Africa. Other protected animals, including Malay sun bears, baby elephants, and wild cats, also reside here.
- Lodge within one of the world’s richest forests, the Dipterocarp, with magnificent views of the forest, mountains, and the Danum River.
- Embark on guided boat tours along the Kinabatangan River, viewing wildlife, birds, and rainforest habitat.
- Observe proboscis monkeys at the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Santuary locaed within an Oil Palm estate allowing a very close range to the primates.
- Visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, seeing rescued sun bears in the rehabilitation process in a natural habitat.
- Trek along the “coffin trail” to an ancient Kadazandusun burial site at Coffin Cliff, with optional water tubing excursion down the Danum River.
- View the interview with Dr. Steve Ruzin about the 2021 Borneo trip.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this information request form. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have about this program.
- Any cancellations made before the final payment date are fully refundable.
- As guidelines surrounding COVID-19 continue to change, on-tour protocols will be established closer to trip departure. Local restrictions and requirements will be followed and passengers will be expected to adhere to protocols set forth.