Aug. 30 – Sep. 15, 2022
Number of days:
From $4,695 [including air from SFO]
- With four nights in the Armenian capital, Yerevan, discover this modern city, once the crossroads of ancient caravan routes.
- Visit two Armenian icons: the Greco-Roman temple of Garni and medieval Geghard Monastery, a UNESCO site.
- On an excursion to the scenic Ararat plain, take in stunning views of Mt. Ararat in eastern Turkey.
- Experience more of Armenia’s early Christian heritage at the 4th-century Etchmiadzin Cathedral and the 7th-century Zvartnots Cathedral’s ruins, a UNESCO site.
- After a stop at cerulean Lake Sevan, overnight in the spa town of Dilijan, the “Armenian Switzerland.”
- Witness a masterpiece of religious architecture at the 10th-century Haghpat monastic complex, another UNESCO site.
- Spending three nights in the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, experience its cultural riches, including the old town and the Georgian National Museum.
- Savor a wine tasting and lunch on a tour of Georgia’s picturesque wine country, one of the world’s oldest.
- Experience stunning Caucasus scenery and explore the ancient Georgian capital of Mtskheta, a UNESCO site, en route to Stepantsminda.
- Enjoy lunch with a local family in Stepantsminda at the foot of Mount Kazbek.
- Boarding 4 x 4 vehicles, take a trip to the village of Juta to experience traditional mountain culture in the beautiful Sno Valley.
- A three-night stay in the resort town of Borjomi includes visits to two UNESCO sites: the medieval fortress of Khertvisi and the cave palace of Vardzia.
- Returning to Tbilisi for a final night, stop at a 7th-century cave town and at a chateau.
- Encounter Azerbaijani gems Sheki and Baku on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.