Aug. 30 – Sep. 15, 2022
Number of days:
From $5,174 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Exploring the Caucasus||2.67 MB|
- With four nights in the Armenian capital, Yerevan, discover this modern city, once the crossroads of ancient caravan routes.
- Visit two Armenian icons: the Greco-Roman temple of Garni and medieval Geghard Monastery, a UNESCO site.
- On an excursion to the scenic Ararat plain, take in stunning views of Mt. Ararat in eastern Turkey.
- Experience more of Armenia’s early Christian heritage at the 4th-century Etchmiadzin Cathedral and the 7th-century Zvartnots Cathedral’s ruins, a UNESCO site.
- After a stop at cerulean Lake Sevan, overnight in the spa town of Dilijan, the “Armenian Switzerland.”
- Witness a masterpiece of religious architecture at the 10th-century Haghpat monastic complex, another UNESCO site.
- Spending three nights in the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, experience its cultural riches, including the old town and the Georgian National Museum.
- Savor a wine tasting and lunch on a tour of Georgia’s picturesque wine country, one of the world’s oldest.
- Experience stunning Caucasus scenery and explore the ancient Georgian capital of Mtskheta, a UNESCO site, en route to Stepantsminda.
- Enjoy lunch with a local family in Stepantsminda at the foot of Mount Kazbek.
- Boarding 4 x 4 vehicles, take a trip to the village of Juta to experience traditional mountain culture in the beautiful Sno Valley.
- A three-night stay in the resort town of Borjomi includes visits to two UNESCO sites: the medieval fortress of Khertvisi and the cave palace of Vardzia.
- Returning to Tbilisi for a final night, stop at a 7th-century cave town and at a chateau.
- Encounter Azerbaijani gems Sheki and Baku on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2022) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update